• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at going 4 stroke, whats the best boosted system out there?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I tend to disagree a bit. The fuel control is a big issue and the way boondocker does it isn't the best. Plus front mount IMO has a few pluses but a ton of draw backs. Be intresting to see a chart of how many of each kit builders kits are on the snow. MCX the way the secondary fuel system works very well and day in and day out runs.

I will say that the BD control box CAN work fine but its only as good as the person tuning it, and thats the biggest problem with it!

MCX had their fair share of fueling problems as well with their system, there were alot of sleds with low end bogs and with the system they had durring that time there was no way around it other than a map change which is the problem with SOME fueling systems.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
I will say that the BD control box CAN work fine but its only as good as the person tuning it, and thats the biggest problem with it!

MCX had their fair share of fueling problems as well with their system, there were alot of sleds with low end bogs and with the system they had durring that time there was no way around it other than a map change which is the problem with SOME fueling systems.

isn,t that the truth , goes with all fuel systems ,you have to know how the system works and then you have to know what the problem is ! :face-icon-small-win

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Ya... thats great tarzan,there was no four stroke in 1991. and yes thanks for informing me there is kits for the 1200 doo. We are talking Yamaha. Useless facts but yet interesting to hear the numbers.

Yes you are right, Erik Markluund built his first turbo bike build was 1984. It was a Suzuki GSX 1100 .
More and more people wanted turbo kits and 1991 he decided to start up a business full time just for high performance engines.

And in 2002, Arctic Cat introduced their 3 cylinder 4 stroke 660 cc snowmobile engine. This engine really needed a turbo, because it only produced 44 hp stock. With his turbo kit, it made 80 reliable hp to a cheap cost. The turbo kit became a success.
McXpress Supreme of the extreme.

Last edited:

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho

My kit came with the numbers preset, and honestly I haven't had to touch them. I did do a little tuning to see what worked and kept ending up back at the numbers it had to start with. Thus far I'm a happy camper.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Well, crossed over to the dark side as they say, bought my new to me new sled today!!!!!! Tough choosing as there are a ton of sleds out there that are just out of the park, it certainly is a buyers market. Thanks Jeff!

Ended up getting mtnmax935 MCX turbo nytro with VE tunnel, timbersled rear suspension, and a few other goodies.

Now come on SNOW!!!!

Thanks to all who replied about my inquiries of their sleds!

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
oh yeah! nice ride al!!!! love the colors!!!!

like I said before, a tether and a rollover valve setup if you tend to ride it on its hood alot!

You will be very happy!!!! the deeper it is the more these 4 strokes like it!!!!!!

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
oh yeah! nice ride al!!!! love the colors!!!!

like I said before, a tether and a rollover valve setup if you tend to ride it on its hood alot!

You will be very happy!!!! the deeper it is the more these 4 strokes like it!!!!!!

LOL, ya, I have been know to have a sled on it's hood a time or two. t just happens.

Good thing is, the roll over kit has already been installed on this machine!

Premium Features