• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX Apex won't pull more than 8k rpms

yamymod

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Alamosa, CO
I went out riding today for the first time on the mcx and it ran like crap. it would run ok until around 8000 or 8500 rpms. just about when the boost gage got to around 4 or 5 lbs the motor would cut out and pop. any suggestions would be great. i am wondering about the mcx fuel control box. has anybody had issues like this?

M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
Sounds like the aux injectors arent coming on. Unplug the black plug that goes to the injectors in the intercooler and try it. If its the same they arent coming on. Try the wires in the plug in the control box, that is the dumbest idea and have had problems with the little ones pulling out of the plug. If all wiring looks good then sent the control box back. I have had 3 or 4 of these do this. The only flaw in the MCX system as far as I am concerned. Shad

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Could be the box but check the obvious first for boost leaks> Check all connections for loose clamps or leaks and throttle bodies are on correct. Also check for kinked vacuum lines as well.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Which fuel box do you have ? Is it the billet machined one with cooling fins ? If it has a boost line going to it add compressed air 1-4psi to it. As you pass 2 psi you should be able to hear the secondary injectors turning on. If you hear them than thats not your issue. Does the sled run good below 2 psi ? If not it may be a leak in the exhaust maybe bellows ?? If it does run good then i would lean towards the secondary inj.

Premium Features