• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Settings for Different Altitude

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Is there anyone out there that has a chart to tell you what to have your clutch set at for different altitudes. I know that at one time I had this and now can not seem to find it at all. I have a 2002 Summit Highmark X 800. I need to know what to have the clutch set at for 8000-10000ft. I know that have to take the set screw out of the weight pins which I have done, but do I need to change the clicker settings at all, right now I am at 3. Thanks.

A
Jan 30, 2008
Minnesota
I run a 03 zx and I run my clickers on 4. I ride in island park idaho, and I would just watch and make sure you keep as close to 8000 rpm as you can. It is a safe rpm to stay at. hope it helps.

W
Jan 13, 2008
the easiest way to adjust your sled is through the clickers. I run a 2002 Summit X 800 and, depending on the time of year due to the ambient temperature changing, I will have to adjust my clickers to allow my sled to run at 8000 rpm. This rpm is not only safe but it is the rpm when your sled will perform best. You can also make spring change in your primary. There are two numbers that dictate a primary spring; the first will effect the rpm at which your sled engages, lower numbers means your sled will engage sooner, the second number is your finish. This number effects the rpm at which your sled will perform at w.o.t. Again, lower numbers will drop your rpms. If you do a spring change, dont adjust your clickers until after you have run the sled once. Once you run the sled, adjust the clickers as needed, each clicker number is worth roughly 200 rpm. Also, the best place to check your w.o.t. rpm is in the powder since your rpms will tend to be slightly higher on the hardpack. Hope this helps

Premium Features