• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ok i need help!!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Iam taking the H.A.C off of the 96 500 summit! which lines do i plug and which ones do i leave open!!

and what do i put in it for jets?

Thanks
:cool:

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
Just take the HAC diaphragm out of the airbox, disconnecting all the hoses along with it. Pull out the rubber gasket out of the airbox if it did not come out with the diaphragm, and then block off the hole with duct-tape. You will find two larger hoses that go to the rear of the carbs, about 1/4" I think, right next to the intake bell. Remove those hoses, and plug the nipples with some vacuum caps. Then disconnect the two smaller hoses on either side of the slide tower on the carbs, four total. These two nipples will be for your new vent hoses. Go to your local hardware store, and get your self enough clear vinyl tubing to be able to hook to these nipples, and long enough to hang under the carbs at least lower than the bottom of the float bowls. That was the easy part. For rejetting, I would get the jetting specs for a 500 SLS (if I remember, the SLS is the liquid 500), using those main and pilot jet specs as a base-line. From there, you can tune as needed.

I decided to do the work for you, and dug out my old 'Doo CD manual, and this is what I found.

Stock '96 Summit 500 liquid - 400 mains, 75 pilots, 480/Q-O needle jet, 6FEY1 needle with clip on #3. This is what should be in there right now.

Stock '96 Formula SLS 500 liquid - 320 mains, 45 pilots, 480/P-7 needle jet, 6FEY1 needle with clip on #3. This is base-line sea-level jetting.

There you go! You should be able to get what you want from that. I would just change out the mains and pilots, the needle is the same, and I really do not think that you would see a huge difference by changing out the needle jet. I've done this several times with 670's, and have found the the stock 'Doo jetting is a little rich. You would probably be fine dropping at least one jet size. But as always, be careful until you KNOW that your jetting is on.

Hope this helps!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Just take the HAC diaphragm out of the airbox, disconnecting all the hoses along with it. Pull out the rubber gasket out of the airbox if it did not come out with the diaphragm, and then block off the hole with duct-tape. You will find two larger hoses that go to the rear of the carbs, about 1/4" I think, right next to the intake bell. Remove those hoses, and plug the nipples with some vacuum caps. Then disconnect the two smaller hoses on either side of the slide tower on the carbs, four total. These two nipples will be for your new vent hoses. Go to your local hardware store, and get your self enough clear vinyl tubing to be able to hook to these nipples, and long enough to hang under the carbs at least lower than the bottom of the float bowls. That was the easy part. For rejetting, I would get the jetting specs for a 500 SLS (if I remember, the SLS is the liquid 500), using those main and pilot jet specs as a base-line. From there, you can tune as needed.

I decided to do the work for you, and dug out my old 'Doo CD manual, and this is what I found.

Stock '96 Summit 500 liquid - 400 mains, 75 pilots, 480/Q-O needle jet, 6FEY1 needle with clip on #3. This is what should be in there right now.

Stock '96 Formula SLS 500 liquid - 320 mains, 45 pilots, 480/P-7 needle jet, 6FEY1 needle with clip on #3. This is base-line sea-level jetting.

There you go! You should be able to get what you want from that. I would just change out the mains and pilots, the needle is the same, and I really do not think that you would see a huge difference by changing out the needle jet. I've done this several times with 670's, and have found the the stock 'Doo jetting is a little rich. You would probably be fine dropping at least one jet size. But as always, be careful until you KNOW that your jetting is on.

Hope this helps!

WOW thanks man!!

This is will really help my little bro out! THANKS AGAIN!
( he wants to do it all on his own!):eek:(hes 13 but dose not have a mind for motors like me)

JUSTIN:D:D:beer;:beer;:beer;

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills

Hope this helps!

Wow, that was a great, easy to understand answer to a somewhat complicated question----GOOD ONE !!!!!!!!!

S
Jun 26, 2009

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot man that is everything i need.:beer;
Summit500

Last edited:
Premium Features