• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo OR Sidekick Turbo (AXYS)

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Not that numbers mean anything on the hill and forgive me if this is a stupid question (New to turbos), but what kind of horsepower is one of these kits putting out? I mean, is it anywhere at all comparable to an SLP stage 3? Or is it a complete different ball game. Never rode a turbo before

Not even close, I get that your new to it, but its still hilarious that this question still gets brought up a lot.

At 10,000ft your looking at roughly 130hp with the SLP compared to 200hp with these new pump gas turbos. Like everyone said not in the same ball game.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
You will not find a cleaner kit than Silber's kit for the Axys! I am sure the Sidekit is a nice piece but the install is more time intensive and you will drill a hole in your tunnel.

Also I can not stand how the Cast Iron Exhaust rusts after sometime leaving it looking like junk.

The Silber install has no drilling of your tunnel or cutting any of your chassis, simply plug and play! With the stock injectors and ECU flash this is pull and go kit and you can still turn up the boost for more fun! Simply change your wastegate spring or add a boost controller for more boost.

After install you have a engine bay that is now cleaner and simpler than stock! How many kits do that?

No need to powder coat anything because there is nothing to rust, SS!

No lies, 2 hour install taking your time and enjoying the view.

With all that said, this Polaris Axys straight loves boost! So no matter the direction you choose, get some boost!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
You will not find a cleaner kit than Silber's kit for the Axys! I am sure the Sidekit is a nice piece but the install is more time intensive and you will drill a hole in your tunnel.

Also I can not stand how the Cast Iron Exhaust rusts after sometime leaving it looking like junk.

The Silber install has no drilling of your tunnel or cutting any of your chassis, simply plug and play! With the stock injectors and ECU flash this is pull and go kit and you can still turn up the boost for more fun! Simply change your wastegate spring or add a boost controller for more boost.

After install you have a engine bay that is now cleaner and simpler than stock! How many kits do that?

This isn't to be overlooked. To add, the Silber kit in stock form is putting out more boost and more hp. You can swap wastegate springs to make it "pump gas" if you like but I think this sort of thing is worth taking into account. You have more control over what is happening and smoother delivery of boost via non solenoid controlled external wastegate.

For me, I really like the ability to have two primary clutch setups I can swap between depending on conditions. If it gets super deep I go to 7psi, splash some av gas in the tank and I have an absolute monster. Otherwise 5psi is hard enough to keep up with and is 100% fine on pump gas in these parts.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Cody picked up his new Silber Axys tonight. Thanks again for the opportunity to earn your business!

Now get out there and put that thing to work:face-icon-small-coo

Poor fella gonna have to settle for second best:face-icon-small-win:boink:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Phatty, how does axys sidekick compare to your 15? Heading to alpine tomorrow and there will be a sidekick in their bunch.

Whatever you do dont ride that sidekick. It will cost you some coin! haha
Seriously. it runs circles around the turbo pro at lower boosts. the new motor loves boost. and the axys chassis is dang near perfect. Its a killer combination. I hate to admit it, but my turbo pro feels like a yamaha after riding sidekick axys. :face-icon-small-ton

For those who dont know, you can upgrade your boondocker sidekick if you choose to. Requires a few upgrade parts but is doable.

Also boondocker has a patent on the tunnel dump exhaust which is why nobody else does it. Because even with boost, belly pan dumps can still suffer from clogged exhaust and bog down.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Whatever you do dont ride that sidekick. It will cost you some coin! haha
Seriously. it runs circles around the turbo pro at lower boosts. the new motor loves boost. and the axys chassis is dang near perfect. Its a killer combination. I hate to admit it, but my turbo pro feels like a yamaha after riding sidekick axys. :face-icon-small-ton

For those who dont know, you can upgrade your boondocker sidekick if you choose to. Requires a few upgrade parts but is doable.

Also boondocker has a patent on the tunnel dump exhaust which is why nobody else does it. Because even with boost, belly pan dumps can still suffer from clogged exhaust and bog down.

Silber doesn't do a tunnel dump because most people don't want to drill a hole in their sled........it has nothing to do with any patent:face-icon-small-coo

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Patent on an exhaust dump? :face-icon-small-sho Zero chance of that ever holding up.

D
Nov 6, 2012

With all that said, this Polaris Axys straight loves boost! So no matter the direction you choose, get some boost!

What is the round waste gate looking thing on the cold side of turbo?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
akfullthrotle how are you getting by not melting oil line?

Last edited:
Premium Features