• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Delorme Inreach Explorer

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I see a couple older posts on the Delorme Inreach products and I want to see if many people are using these now. I'm looking at picking one up for personal Sledding / ATV / Hunting use and also for my wife to carry on her world travels where the cell phone just gets to expensive to use or does not work. This looks like a solid setup and for $49.95 a month for the unlimited plan they have to be able to send messages from anywhere you can get a GPS signal looks very interesting to me.

Here is a link if you have not seen it:

http://www.inreachdelorme.com/product-info/inreach-explorer.php

And here is a bit of information about it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OEUnlimited

Premium Member
Nov 2, 2012
Hudson Valley, NY
www.oeunlimited.com
We rent both the InReach SE and InReach Explorer and the feedback from customers has been overwhelmingly positive. Just about every message sent has gotten through, and just about everyone has been impressed with reliability.

My personal use also bares this. I used one a few times this summer in some Utah canyons and only started having trouble in Zion narrows, which isn't all that surprising.

We've also had 1 customer use the SOS function, and was able to communicate with search and rescue and had his wife airlifted out of the backcountry (she was sick, dehydrated, hypothermia).

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
That is what I have been hearing and reading on these. Not really any bad reviews or issues with them. Communication seems to be good. I was going to get a SPOT but I like the idea of two-way communication plus I already carry a GPS so it's one less item to have to carry with me.

OEUnlimited

Premium Member
Nov 2, 2012
Hudson Valley, NY
www.oeunlimited.com
We are selling the SE and Explorer with Delorme's offer of a $50 rebate plus 1 month of free airtime/data. You'll get a card along with the unit that you can fill out and mail in to Delorme.

OER is throwing in a free floating/protective case and free shipping as well.

We don't stock too many new units (since we primarily rent them) so there may be a 2-3 day delay from the time you order until we ship. USPS Priority from NY at that point.

Order online: http://oerentals.com/buynew.html
Or give us a call: 201-477-0217

Premium Features