• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Clutch Alignment Q's

N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
I have a 16 Axys 163, tried setting the clutch alignment this weekend with the AxisCnc tool. Got the alignment close and then starting inspecting my motor mounts and found the front Mag Side to be shot at under 400miles on the sled!!! I am going to replace the mounts but my question is, will this fix the fact that when the alignment was good, I had almost no inward float left on the secondary with the required inner .080 shim. Is there a way to move the motor to the PTO side? Will the mounts fix this? What are your thoughts? Thanks
Ian

SLP

Premium Member
Ian, I can't say for sure what you've got going on with the alignment. It sounds a little strange. If I were in your shoes I would first replace all 4 motor mounts and then I would check alignment again. Some of the alignment issues may go away with new mounts. Unfortunately if you need to adjust alignment, there is no way to correct alignment between the drive and driven clutch on the AXYS. The only adjustment is shimming the driven clutch on jackshaft for air gap.

After you have installed your new motor mounts, I would HIGHLY recommend installing an SLP torque arm. It will help tremendously in preventing premature failure of motor mounts, belt, clutch components and exhaust components:

SLP Torque Arm

23-68.jpg

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have a 16 Axys 163, tried setting the clutch alignment this weekend with the AxisCnc tool. Got the alignment close and then starting inspecting my motor mounts and found the front Mag Side to be shot at under 400miles on the sled!!! I am going to replace the mounts but my question is, will this fix the fact that when the alignment was good, I had almost no inward float left on the secondary with the required inner .080 shim. Is there a way to move the motor to the PTO side? Will the mounts fix this? What are your thoughts? Thanks
Ian

Don't forget the stock torque arm bushing! it needs replaced also.
part # 3022281

N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
Thanks for the suggestions! I replaced the 4 motor mounts and my alignment is better and I gained a little inward float. My stock torque arm bushing looks perfect, so I did not replace that. Now to wait for the snow and see if I gain some R's. Thanks for the help.
Ian

Premium Features