• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bleeding Oil Pump

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
There is a way to command the electric oil pump to run and bleed the lines. I'm pretty sure its described in the shop manual. I also feel like its been posted on here.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
You need a ECU power up cable SLP(#20-212) OR Polaris(#PS-47296-b)
OR, you can make your own.

If you have electric start you might be able to have the key on engine off to do the test, dont know for sure.

Engine off.
Lock parking brake
Push and hold Reverse button
While pushing Reverse button open throttle and hold for 15 seconds.

Ecu, pumps oil for 20 seconds.

J
Aug 7, 2014
So, do I need to get oil to the pump and then activate with the ECU power up cable? Or, after activated will it pump from the tank down and into the lines? Thanks.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
So, do I need to get oil to the pump and then activate with the ECU power up cable? Or, after activated will it pump from the tank down and into the lines? Thanks.

You never want to run a pump dry, so yes, remove the oil supply line at the pump. Then remove the cap on the oil tank and once oil is flowing out the line you removed at the pump, reinstall the line.

Leave the oil cap off, and command the pump to run. You should be able to see any air bubbles move through the lines. It might take more then one 20 second cycle to get all the air out.

Premium Features