• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 Belts

R
Sep 11, 2016
I have been just using the 0627-046 belts that come stock on my sled, but noticed that the 060 belts also work and have kevlar in them. Seems like it would be a lot more durable and one site said it would run at lower RPMs. Would there be any downside in changing to the slightly more flexible belt?

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Well unless your already running to many rpms you'll have to re clutch other than that there about twice the money.

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
I think wherever you're buying belts from is ripping you off. They're both listed for 80 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Well they use to be alot more however since you said this i went and looked and found genuine ac belts in the 046 and 060 for 69 dollar each brand new.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
I have been just using the 0627-046 belts that come stock on my sled, but noticed that the 060 belts also work and have kevlar in them. Seems like it would be a lot more durable and one site said it would run at lower RPMs. Would there be any downside in changing to the slightly more flexible belt?

The Ultimax XS is a very good option too. They are more of a high end belt, but they perform really well and don't slip like a hard compound belt. I have used them on stock machines and high horsepower motors, and they hold up really well. Plus they even come with a 1 year warranty! I like that part.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?..._shop=1&id_employee=3&theme=&theme_font=font7

ulimaxxsbelt.jpg

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Belts

Anyone know who makes the AC belts? They surely do not make them in house just like their oil products are not made by them. Someone just blends it to their specs.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
The Ultimax XS is a very good option too. They are more of a high end belt, but they perform really well and don't slip like a hard compound belt. I have used them on stock machines and high horsepower motors, and they hold up really well. Plus they even come with a 1 year warranty! I like that part.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?..._shop=1&id_employee=3&theme=&theme_font=font7

But they don't fit properly in this application. Had 2 too long, no amnt of shims bright it up to proper deflection.

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
In the past we used the 060 belt on our 1000/1200 turbos but they explode and its ugly, we switched to the 046 belt and have had NO issues with the 046 belts up to 400 h.p. much more forgiving belt. I did notice thanks to you guys that the dealer cost on both has come way down...

Premium Features