• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BURANDTS 355 LB 165", NON-TURBO, AXYS-RMK.... (Video)

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
How many gallons of fuel can you pour into Marie Osmond (I renamed her for ya, but you might need a new wrap...

...get that picture out of your head, yet)?

A
What an awesome overcoming he has done with the sled. Great weight reduction. By simply looking at the fuel cell I'm guessing it carries 31 lbs less of fuel that a stock axys, so his ready to ride weights are a little mis leading to most. As an Axys owner, I wouldn't even consider purchasing a sled that carries less fuel than it currently does.
My buddies new 850 etec is awesome, but so far it burns the same amount of fuel as my axys.
That is concerning knowing once the snow gets deep enough, I'll have to pack fuel for it to make the full day trip to our riding arena!
Poor design on Doo!

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
This is not a mass product sled...burandt just want to build the lightest sled he can.

Comparing this sled to a stock one is pointless.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Here is his turbo sled weight, equally impressive. Could have saved another 5lbs with a 155 vs 165 track.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com/ChrisBurandt/videos/1373471646050469%2F&width=1000&show_text=false&height=343&appId" width="1000" height="563" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Last edited:

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
This is not a mass product sled...burandt just want to build the lightest sled he can.

Comparing this sled to a stock one is pointless.

...and what else would you compare it against to show the difference??:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-con

All consumer available parts no less...no fancy chit, bolt on parts.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Yes, but neither of them will be 355lbs. :)

Sure - but you could spend a fraction of this amount and have something that performs 90% as well.

EDIT - and that turbo sled will still go places that 355 NA sled won't at 10K.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Pretty cool machine and parts list. Eveyone seems to hate on Burandt (y'know...because their personal sledding career is going way better), but that's a a wicked sled and I bet it's amazing to ride.

Comparing this to buying a used sled that you smack a budget turbo kit on is hilarious....you can outrun a Ferrari with a hopped up Honda Civic, but which would you rather own.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Pretty cool machine and parts list. Eveyone seems to hate on Burandt (y'know...because their personal sledding career is going way better), but that's a a wicked sled and I bet it's amazing to ride.

Comparing this to buying a used sled that you smack a budget turbo kit on is hilarious....you can outrun a Ferrari with a hopped up Honda Civic, but which would you rather own.

Both say Polaris. Its not a comparison of Ferrari to Civic. You can call it "hilarious" but its far more apples to apples than your ferrari vs civic comparison.

I can buy a Sidekick or a silber kit for $4K. Hold over for $10K. New turbo sled for $14K with $1K left for some swanky suspension. And yes, that sled will go anywhere this sled will. (especially at higher elevation)

Not hating on Burandt, he's clearly amazing at what he does. I'm just laughing that anyone thinks they can build something. Ride it hard. And then sell it for what he has into it "plus labor".

Any of us build this sled and we *maybe* get $18K. MAYBE.

Its a cool idea. And I'm sure a sled that weighs 15% less than stock is awesome. But most of the people who might buy it could stand to lose more than 15% of their own bodyweight...

At $31K it'd have to be 355 pounds with a turbo. Then you have something...

Otherwise, its something cool on paper, but likely meh in reality. And I would argue durability will suffer with some of that build...

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
The person that buys it loses 14k plus once they pick it up. You can't blame Burandt he has his minions following him and someone will buy it just say I have his sled. I wonder how reliable the sled is. Most people I ride with that had polaris' bought 850s this year (6 belt, one A-arm and a bulkhead) because their Poo's failed them one to many times.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Where's the -$10k for all of the parts removed and resold? About the only stock parts left are the bulkhead, tunnel and engine. You could probably build this thing entirely from parts for significantly less $$.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Where's the -$10k for all of the parts removed and resold? About the only stock parts left are the bulkhead, tunnel and engine. You could probably build this thing entirely from parts for significantly less $$.

Removed and resold? LOL, I bet he keeps them as spare parts for the rental fleet.

Anyway you guys are really going to be pissed when you see his Turbo for sale for 36k. hehehe

It does make me wonder what these actually sell for. I'm sure the "Burandt Build" part of it gets him a premium but I can't help but wonder if he puts the high price on it just to get people talking (which we are) and then when a true interested party calls up and says I'll give you $20k for it cash in hand if they don't sell for a much lower number. Just like anything else people sell, Price it high and let people talk you down because you don't want to short yourself on any possible income from a sale right from the start.

Premium Features