• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI releases E-Tec 850 Turbo (NOW SHIPPING)

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Apparently you need to wear jeans while riding it.

Probably the most hillbilly brochure I've ever seen.

a8f6c199dd1e59de8ca6487cb962b256.jpg

06acb28a77d93edd5596d650dd8a0872.jpg

I think that 'ol boy in the Levis can hold his own.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I hate to throw this out there, shooting from the hip here, but I peeked under the hood at haydays, and it looked like a dobeck box, but said something like "______ _______ global 2". I really didn't pay too close of attention being a Poo guy but for some reason global 2 is in my head.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Looks pretty sweet mpi... Good job

Coming from a etec800 that has ran flawlessly in two years of many hard pulls with the impulse turbo kit.. The biggest assets there kit has is there dialled in fuel controller in all temps, elevations.. It makes the kit feel like a stocker, but once wot a few seconds it's a noticeable difference

If this kit comes out the door set up the same, no bugs, it will be very popular to many at that price, on pump fuel.. And hope they made the externals strong enough to to hold 300hp with out problems

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Jeez, do these guys need some marketing help, someone's wife needs to find a day job...

With that said, MPI's experience working in the Y supply chain, combined with a product that hits the right buttons to penetrate a new market - first time turbo buyers - likely sealed the deal for them with BRP. Hope they have the calibration right OOTB so they don't lose momentum with this segment.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Jeez, do these guys need some marketing help, someone's wife needs to find a day job...

With that said, MPI's experience working in the Y supply chain, combined with a product that hits the right buttons to penetrate a new market - first time turbo buyers - likely sealed the deal for them with BRP. Hope they have the calibration right OOTB so they don't lose momentum with this segment.

You will get no argument from me.
They turn out some GREAT PRODUCT, but just have a poor marketing department and internet presence. But at the end of the day, when your on the mountain, which is more important...

MPI's corporate mentality is that it is ALL ABOUT THE PRODUCT ITSELF, not about driving people to come and buy the product. And so far it seems to have been working pretty well for them.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
It would be interesting to here the rational behind utilizing a journal bearing turbo. It seams as though most 2 stroke kit manufacturers have moved on to ball bearing turbos.

Lower cost and Rebuildable without sending it in. MPI seems to be most interested in the entry level market, with upgrades possible down the road. Sure ball bearing turbos light quicker, but the journal bearing turbo on my Viper is no slouch! It really comes down to proper sizing for the application.

I've never seen a good turbo product or fuel system/controller from MPI yet...

I have 2 seasons on my '15 Viper with the MPI 180HP kit. I have yet to have to adjust my GEMS fuel controller. Where Doo added aux injectors to the throttle bodies, this seems to be ideal for additional fueling for the turbo.

Premium Features