• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cargo Rack/Trailer

A

AKdragon700

Jan 14, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
Anyone fab up any sort of cargo rack on a Timbersled or put a hitch on one?

Been thinking about making a pin-on rack that mounts on the frame or putting a 5th wheel style hitch on the rear to pull a mini sled for cabin trips. Any ideas and suggestion are appreciated

Last edited:
U

UPsnowbiker

Oct 29, 2014
U.P. of Michigan
I used my Arctic Cat Pin Hitch bolted on to the grab bar on my 2Moto without issues, totally different than a TS though. I'll be on a TS this year and am wondering if modifying it to bolt on to the TS grab bar is a bad idea. I have an Arctic Cat triler sled with the solid A arm that connects to the pin hitch.

Has anyone messed up their TS tunnel trying something similar? I would only be towing light cargo or about 100lbs of my small kids at low speed. I'm thinking this set up might put too much stress on the TS grab bar and tunnel.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Sounds like a goose neck could work . Did something similar to the Hawk drilled a hole behind and above the number plate on both sides to put bolts threw with jam nuts so the frame can pivot up and down . The frame looks like an H and swivels in the middle .

The frame is long enough so the track pivots between the uprights going over uneven ground .

Frame is also like 3/16 so I wasn't worried about bending it . You might be in a different boat without some kind of tunnel reinforcement , one would think that there would be a lot of twisting on the kit set ups ?

First time I tried it I thought HEY ! this is pretty darn slick . I can lean go up and down feels good I think I'm on to something here and got cocky right off the bat and headed into the trees , bad idea , time I got out the other end I was wiped out from having the sled trying to climb up my back side and push me into every tree in there . Didn't take a genius to figure out that I won't be doing that again .

Moral of the story : For gods sake man make the maiden voyage as light as possible .

Premium Features