• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

possibly making the jump m8 turbo m1100

S
Nov 9, 2008
looking for pro and cons going from m8 turbo to the m1100 turbo never rode one before but im very curious whats your thoughts and would you go back?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I think weight is the main thing to take in to consideration. This answer is coming 100% from me and I know lots of people feel the opposite.

The thing just weighs to much, for me personally the power to weight ratio just isnt worth it, I ride all conditions I can, climbing shoots, boondocking, jumping, open pow fields ect. The thing is just too heavy. You wont get the ease and playfulness you get from a 2 smoke, let alone a turbo.

Now if you ride strickly shoots and climb a ton it might be for you but otherwise I would think twice. Im not one of those people that say 4 strokes arent for the trees, Ive seen what can be done by them in the trees but it takes an extremely good rider and one that is in good shape, they are a lot of sled for someone to handle specially in the tight trees.

Now the only real answer to which is should get would be to go ride one for yourself and then decide later.

S
Nov 9, 2008
Ya I jumped the gun should have read a little further seen some good info in some other posts and couldn't delete this one quick enough. I did ride the 2012 180 nytro and I thought it was really fun until I got it stuck lol but really didn't ride it like I normally ride side hilling every hill I can find bashing through tight trees and such. I may reconsider unless the right sled comes by with some lighter gear and more power than stock.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The 1100t is just a different animal. You either love it or you hate it. Personally I love it. Set up with 250-300hp and its just wild fun. I almost always ride with 2-stroke guys from all 3 brands and I'm always the most aggressive rider. Most wont follow me into the trees, you can take the 1100t most anywhere and get it out with a smile. As for weight; a wet, ready to ride 1100t is only about 25lbs more than a 07' or 08' m1000.

Premium Features