For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Vipers! Nothing but Vipers!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 07:11 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Bigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Evo reflash vs Mc Express

I'm getting ready to add some power to my 15 viper MTX, I purchased the sled already set up with the MPI 190 kit and have been thinking about going with Evo upgrade( injectors reflash and intercooler). How is this kit for reliability and ease of use? Debating on possibly getting rid of the whole MPI system and going either Mc Xpress or with Evo's big chute turbo system. The goal is to be in the 240 hp range on pump fuel. I would prefer to not have to run a head shim, so Evo definitely appeals to me. Thanks fellas,
Bigsky

Last edited by Bigsky boosted; 09-20-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Typo

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Currently: Waiting for parts! :D
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious if you realize without a head shim to get to 240hp you are going to need race fuel.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:04 AM
Basic Member
Bigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond reputeBigsky boosted has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath_ View Post
Just curious if you realize without a head shim to get to 240hp you are going to need race fuel.
I knew that if I went the Mc-xpress route that I would likely be running a shim, that is why the Evo 220+ upgrade is so appealing. I figured that kit plus the intercooler would be close to 240? And they claim no headshim. Is there some fine print that I missed somewhere?

Old 09-22-2017, 04:15 PM
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

I think the EVO/MPI upgrade kit bumps you up to 8lbs of boost. I'd expect to be in the 220 horsepower range, give or take. I haven't seen a dyno sheet for it though.. I believe Hurricane Performance runs a head shim and 10lbs of boost to get to 240 horsepower. MCxpress runs around 15 psi for a 270hp kit.. Take that for what it's worth.

Last edited by Motorbreath_; 09-22-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo.. 15psi not 14.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Basic Member

Thanks motorbreath, I'll get ahold of EVO and try to get some numbers on that kit WITH the intercooler. I'm only 155 lbs, so 220 HP will probably do just fine !

Old 09-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Basic Member

I have a 190 MCXpress and for my style of riding its plenty.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:15 PM
Basic Member

I know this thread is a little stale now, but I decided to go with the MCXPRESS 270 kit. Not the cheapest option, but I will save some $ over time not having to buy race fuel. Don't have any noise restrictions where I ride so I'm looking at doing the MCX straight pipe to squeeze some power out. Are these things stupidly loud with a straight pipe?

Last edited by Bigsky boosted; 10-14-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 10-19-2017, 09:09 PM
Basic Member

I'll never buy anything MCX again.. https://www.hurricaneperformance.ca/...0hp-turbo-kit/

Old 10-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath_ View Post
I'll never buy anything MCX again.. https://www.hurricaneperformance.ca/...0hp-turbo-kit/
Could you elaborate on that a bit ? I'm curious what kind of problems might pop up down the road for me. I live about 2.5 hours from the only dealer in the states ( that I know of) so service isn't an issue. Thanks, Bigsky

Old 10-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Basic Member

They aren't known to bring issues. Its just that if you do have major issues you'll have to do some homework and figure it out yourself. It completely ruined an entire winter for me.. and costed me a lot of money.. I finally got some advice from another forum and that's what fixed my issue.. Best of luck with it. Hopefully it'll run fine out of the box.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:38 AM
Currently: Hello Drama and Karma...you related?
Climbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 10-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Niemikorpi is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 10-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 10-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 10-21-2017, 11:31 PM
Currently: Hello Drama and Karma...you related?
Climbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-22-2017, 06:54 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register