• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running rich

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
Anybody that's seen my multiple posts knows I've been getting my 07 600 carbd rmk ready for winter. Long story short, I've taken the carbs out and removed the jets to clean any old gas/varnish after sitting for 4 years. Everything looked great, put all jets back in (same size both sides), runs, but fouls up plugs in a few minutes in the garage. Slobbering out the y pipe to pipe connection. Slapped in new plugs, sound good revved up nice, then would bog once in awhile (again just sitting in that garage with track off ground), back fire couple times. Plugs seem to be getting plugged again. Ran great last time it ran 4 years ago.

Have played with the choke cable adjustment several times, but maybe choke physically on carb has something hanging up?or oil system over oiling?

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
how do I check these? virgin to doing my own snowmobile mechanicing, Diesel Tech by trade....

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
I'd pull the carbs again. Reclean them. You dumped all old gas and put in fresh? Doesn't take much gunk to hang up needles.
You said you double checked choke/ for both adjustment and making sure the plunger is fully down in the bore?

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
yes. I pulled the seat, pulled the tank, dumped out old gas, sitting for 4 years, put in fresh 91. upon reinstalling everything had a hard time getting the fuel pump to pull fuel, mostly my own fault, got it to pull fuel, didn't seem to have any spark. chased that down, flooded cylinders while chasing no spark. got spark, runs but fouling plugs. maybe cylinders need more time to run to clean out from flooding during electrical issue?

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
And after everything back together, idled poor. started first pull, figured choke might be misadjusted. backed cable off, tried to set so the toggle has free play before pulling cable. but didn't check a plunger.

S
Dec 2, 2007
forest lake, mn
Possible fuel pump

Not as familiar with that sled, but on the older ones with a pulse line to the crank case from the fuel pump they will flood the crank case if the diaphragm is bad in the fuel pump.

Premium Features