• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Gen 4

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Who knows, it gets posted on social media with little to no info and yah know how things get blown out of proportion.
It is a nice design tho. I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Yeah just snowtech magazine looking to sell a few extra copies i guess. Ive read a few guys say its a aerocharger setup for a 800etec... So there you go.
Its very apparently the aero patent. The turbo is obviously an aerocharger, and has the ignorant forward facing exhaust they used, as well as they are the ones who ran the snow to air intercooler kits on the XM chassis. Since they always needed to combat high IAT's from their use of underhood air intakes.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Its very apparently the aero patent. The turbo is obviously an aerocharger, and has the ignorant forward facing exhaust they used, as well as they are the ones who ran the snow to air intercooler kits on the XM chassis. Since they always needed to combat high IAT's from their use of underhood air intakes.

Nailed it. Surprised no one else noticed that sooner lol

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Look at the pic closer, the orientation of the turbo is different and the intake is attached to the airbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Look at the pic closer, the orientation of the turbo is different and the intake is attached to the airbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did this on some of their sleds. apparently someone realized using cold air to feed the turbo resulted in far cooler intake temps. whoda thunk. lol regardless, its an aero for sure.

After Can worked with Aero in developing a kit for the Maverick, then basically copied the aerocharger kit for the production model but not using an aero as the turbo in their factory turbo'd version I bet aero was hoping to protect their investment a little on the sled world.

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
If anything ski doo may be working with mpi....seems they are pretty tight

Premium Features