• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris underpowered?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
poo engine

t99zUWL_hamster-wheel-o.gif

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
had a stock etec and pro out last week, poo gets on snow better, but all out power goes to the etec, hands down, if the pro finds 20 more hp it will go higher tho
hmm..thats odd..yesterday my poo out climbed 2 12 etecs...big deal...fred why dont you just stay in the doo section..if the etec was even close to as good as you think it is..it would be top mountain sled in sales..sorry but its a very distant 3rd...money talks and close to 50% of the riders voted with their cash this year...poo pro is first...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
show me a video of that crap, i am so sick of your biased bs its making me sick

i drove both sleds, and yes it got out of the snow quicker but was UNDERPOWERED, just like many in this thread are saying, your crap is getting old with me

hmm..thats odd..yesterday my poo out climbed 2 12 etecs...big deal...fred why dont you just stay in the doo section..if the etec was even close to as good as you think it is..it would be top mountain sled in sales..sorry but its a very distant 3rd...money talks and close to 50% of the riders voted with their cash this year...poo pro is first...

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY

i drove both sleds, and yes it got out of the snow quicker but was UNDERPOWERED, just like many in this thread are saying, your crap is getting old with me

Fred, there is no difference between you and your buddy snowmobiler, except that he has a sense of humor...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

you are the one since last year who said he was gonna show vids....and I am not talking any crap..i like the newer doo's..but in deep snow they wont put a spanking on a pro..not happening..if anything they are all very very equal in straight up the hill performance..the poo just does the technical stuff way easier/better...

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007

LOL,, OK, now that there is funny. Freddy is sick of someone elses bias's and bs......and their crap is getting old. OMG, you have got to be kidding us. LMFAO.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK

:boxing:SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE,SPADE, SPADE... or the Kettle (FredW) calling the kettle (aksnowrider on his Pro) Black.

Rode my pro and I am saying that it may have fewer ponies but if so I say realistically less than 10 and definitely not 20.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Take all the hype you've heard about the power and throw it out the window. Use your seat of the pants dyno and then decide if it's underpowered. I kept trying to figure out why my 2010 M8 with 20 more horse couldn't keep up. Even if I could keep up I was whooped when I got there. The pro chassis just works; bottom line. The power to weight ratio is still probably better on the Pro than the Doo anyway. I quit buying sleds based on "power" after my last M1000 that ate belts and trenched like crazy, but it had lots of "power." The M8 was better because it had almost as much power and was lighter. The Pro is better yet because it weighs even less, has almost as much power, and handles much much better and stays on the snow as good as any stock sled can.

dirtball08

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
strathmore, ab
I gave my wife the 04 rev 800 159", equipped with v-force 3 reeds, crankshop pipe and can, dj clutch kit and this sled flat out rocks. Rode the 11 pro 800 163", and went out this yr and bought the 12 pro 800 163". Handles better, floats better and way easier to throw around.

I give my wife 2 trips to claim the poo and I'll have to get another one. Some info for what it's worth.

D
Oct 13, 2008
2nd ride on the 2012 pros today. Total of about 65 miles so far in marginal snow at best. Only real complaint so far is the way they like to heat up on the trail even with scratchers down. It has great power for a stock sled and handles awsome. Does it have less power than my 07 rev did? Yes, but only because the rev was not stock. If I did mod for mod on the pro I did to the rev my pro would kill my rev in all situations. Is my pro the best thing since sliced bread? Who cares it is an amazingly fun sled to ride and that is the most important thing to me. Hp is only one aspect of a sled and not necessarily the most important factor. If it was we would all have race fuel turbos and fourstrokes, but we do not. I could care less about brand, I will have fun on any of them. This brand loyal stuff is rediculous on all sides.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
2nd ride on the 2012 pros today. Total of about 65 miles so far in marginal snow at best. Only real complaint so far is the way they like to heat up on the trail even with scratchers down. It has great power for a stock sled and handles awsome. Does it have less power than my 07 rev did? Yes, but only because the rev was not stock. If I did mod for mod on the pro I did to the rev my pro would kill my rev in all situations. Is my pro the best thing since sliced bread? Who cares it is an amazingly fun sled to ride and that is the most important thing to me. Hp is only one aspect of a sled and not necessarily the most important factor. If it was we would all have race fuel turbos and fourstrokes, but we do not. I could care less about brand, I will have fun on any of them. This brand loyal stuff is rediculous on all sides.

It is rediculous... I just could not let Fred go anymore and wanted to push back some. I prefer a good natured prose, or even a poem...

He is so sensitive, who knew.
I guess I could send him a care package.
Maybe a flaming bag of Poo will do.
Or a treat of some snow trackage.

Not that I do not like the Doo,
I own a 550 super wide, the best work sled ever.
I am not looking for a brand war or coup,
Just liking my choice of lever.

I rode my buddies old tundra today,
talk about power to weight!
I side hilled forever on that sled and kept thinking no way,
I thought to myself this was almost as good as FredW's 888.

If power is the Pro's issue,
then we will have to see about this come winter.
I guess I better stock up on the soft kind'a tissue,
and hope my dealer is not a grifter.

I promise I will have fun on my sled each and every trip,
even though it can barely go in the snow.
No matter how tired we get from fred's facetious quip,
I love my my new 2012 Orange PRO.

Premium Features