• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI Fuel Pro Question

N

nytro circus

Dec 29, 2009
Clarkston,Wa
Well i just finished my fuel pro installtion fired it up just doesnt want to idle so i double checked all connections and fired it up again same thing. could it be that elevation at my house is olny 1400? i was going to head up to about 5000 tomorrow to do a little trail riding to c if that could be the problem.

S
Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, WA
If you disconnected your throttle cable at the bars, re-check where it goes back in under the kill switch. I just did mine and it was not set all the way back in. it looked good but maybe a quarter inch from being completely seated. I chased the problem for 2 hours before finding the simple problem.

andre162

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2008
northern california
What year Nytro is it. Have a 08 and had to install a new ground in the stock wire harness because the 08 only has on ground wire which was not allowing the Fuel Pro to recive a good signal form the TPS. Give MPI a call or pm me and i will be more than happy to walk you through it.

N

nytro circus

Dec 29, 2009
Clarkston,Wa
Thanks for all the help guys i double checked everything twice talked to MPI and they wanted me to get it to a higher elevation and some cooler temps. it is a 09 nytro and i added the extra ground to the harness already just to make sure that isnt the problem. I will be Heading to McCall in the morning and hopefuly it is just a elevation prob i have all my gauges working so i will just keep a close eye on everything.

Premium Features