• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

question for flatlanders,WI, MN,ND,SD

mtboondocker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2009
in a van down by the river
Can someone explain to me why so many turbos are running around in your areas? I just don't get it, I see 174's and all kinds of mods and you guys don't have chutes like CA or out west a little more. What gives? Do you guys drive 1000 miles every weekend or what?
Not b*tch*ng or picking fights, just curious.

Thanks

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Yep we just drive. You don't ride it around here except to maybe test run before you head out west. Most guys either never ride here or they have a short track to ride at home.

G
Oct 29, 2010
Alot of people make the treck west to ride. Once in a while we get decent snow round here. Last x-mas got bout 20", thats fun to play in on a short track. Otherwise for fun we make lake and river runs, or on a bad day of ice fishing just piss around on the lake.

D

detz1000

Dec 1, 2008
MN
Alot of us know the areas out west really good and know locals that ride with us. We've been going for 12yrs and hardly ride here but go west 2-4 times a year. Some love the power and are plenty capable of riding it. I can't justify having a short track here for 200 miles a yr. And really can't afford 2 sleds to sit in garage rest of the yr.

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
Like said above, my turbo sled would sit in the shed until it would get loaded up to go out west. I go out with a buddy that has been going for 15 plus years so he knows some areas to ride.

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Yes this is true, my Turbo MTX actually stays out west and we fly back and forth, try to get out at least 4-5 times a season.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Same as above, I try to get out to the mountains 4-5 times a year, usually 3-5 days of riding. for me it is worth it cuase I love to snowmobile, and I actually kinda like the rode trip with buddies sometimes.

I rode my turbo Nytro 2 times I think, ditch bangin around hear. I wish I had a fun little short track that I didn't care about to bang around here, but I spend to much money on this sled lol

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Lots and lots of hours behind the wheel. The closest riding area is 750 miles from my house to the parking lot. Most trips are around 2,000 miles round trip. I have trailered over 20,000 miles in a season before. I know others that do the same or more. Eric

T

TApeX_07

I try to make it out a couple times a year. I try to mix it up every year with somewhere different to ride also. I do try to ride my big sled here if theres enough snow... Otherwise I have a shorty for around here.

Hey grizz, sounds like the way to do it!!

L
Nov 10, 2009
NW MT
just goes to show even if you live in the desert a true mountain rider will saddle up his camel, load up his turbo, and travel to the steep and deep!no matter the distance.:deadhorse:

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
That is some serious dedication. Love it!! I rode with some flatlander guys last year...they were crazy. All had sweet mountain sleds and only rode them a couple weeks a year. If any of you make it as far out as Utah, I'd love to hook up and show you around.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
i switch mine back and forth, 162 to go west 2 or 3 times a season and 144 back home. Turbos aren't just for deep and steep, pretty fun on the trails and ditches. I cannot remember ever having too much power on anything lol.

takes about 3 or so hours to switch and is pretty good stress relief in the shop

catssuk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Edgerton Wi.
same here, i get maybe 5 hundy miles on the sled out west every year. and 10-15000 on my truck and trailer getting it there

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
That is some serious dedication. Love it!! I rode with some flatlander guys last year...they were crazy. All had sweet mountain sleds and only rode them a couple weeks a year. If any of you make it as far out as Utah, I'd love to hook up and show you around.

Might have to take you up on that offer:face-icon-small-coo. We've been wanting to try out Utah for a couple of years now, but have never been out there.
Where in Utah do you ride??

Mike

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
There's always the U.P. as well to feed the adiction in between out west runs. The snow gets pretty deep up there. Surely deep enough to get stuck.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Might have to take you up on that offer:face-icon-small-coo. We've been wanting to try out Utah for a couple of years now, but have never been out there.
Where in Utah do you ride??

Mike

We ride all over but usually east of Heber City in the Uintas. Pm me if you get serious. I have a cabin up there.

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey acutah, that is awesome that you are willing to ride with us flat landers, there are plenty of people on here that stick there nose to the sky when talking with us, like we dont belong out west or something. We here in the midwest welcome all snowmobilers and everyone helps each other, no matter what brand your on (even Artic Cat! hahaha lol) So Kudos to you for your open arms!!!!

T

TApeX_07

Hey acutah, that is awesome that you are willing to ride with us flat landers, there are plenty of people on here that stick there nose to the sky when talking with us, like we dont belong out west or something. We here in the midwest welcome all snowmobilers and everyone helps each other, no matter what brand your on (even Artic Cat! hahaha lol) So Kudos to you for your open arms!!!!

I agree!! Thanks for the offer :D

Premium Features