• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replacement track for 2010 Nytro Mcx180

T

torqmonster

Dec 2, 2007
Fairview, Alberta
My track is just about done, have it down to the camo extreme or the power(powder)? claw. It seems to be a toss up between the two. Is the power claw that bad going downhill? Which is a more durable track. Can you get the extreme in 2.25" lug?

M
Sep 24, 2009
kaysville utah
powerclaw

I have had both, with the 180 kit I would stick with the power claw track, very usable with that power you will love it. Stick with that and you will never use another track, atleast not untill you get some more horses in that sled. The power claw is not the one that is bad down hill it works great, you are thinking of the attack 20 track.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Buddy has powderclaw on his HCR.....I have an Extreme on my T-Nytro. He really likes his PC but says its not the greatest going downhill......and his is the stiffer durometer.

I agree with mk........if you're staying with 180 the PC would probly be all u need but if you ever go with more boost you'll want to get the Extreme. I've got about 1000kms on my Extreme last year and the lugs are as straight as the day I picked up the sled. I ran anywhere from 230-260hp throughout the year. I'd go with the Extreme but thats just me.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Different strokes for different folks, I have the Challenger on mine, 2.25" and it walks all over the guys who bought the PC's last year with the 2.25". In fact, the one guy is in the process of trading his PC for an Extreme! Also, another bud who drives a M1000, is dumping his PC for an Extreme also, go figure! I'm not sure what you mean by having more power than the 180, that's what we're running and it'll churn the Extreme with no problemo................Sherm

T

torqmonster

Dec 2, 2007
Fairview, Alberta
Thanks, but no thanks grizz. Sherm, what made you decide on the 2.25" over the 2.5". Did you guys do comparisons on similar sleds with the different tracks.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Close to Mountains
Camoplast Challenger 9986 162x15x2.25 had been discontinued.
Camo Extreme 9943 162x15x2.5 has been discontinued.

Both tracks replaced by new Camo Extreme 9175 162x15x2.5 available in 2 to 3 weeks, mid to end of November. Picture is before it's punched and clipped.

9175M_002-2.jpg

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
i put a 162 x16 camo extreme on a 180 mcx last year . what a huge diffrence over stock ! I'm not sure if the wider track really helped that much but thats what we had laying around so thats what got used .

Last edited:
T

torqmonster

Dec 2, 2007
Fairview, Alberta
So, it kind of sounds like the camo extreme is the way to go. Hemi, is the new camo extreme a better design, lighter? Why did they discontinue the old camo?

Last edited:

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
torqmonster, my sled was the first one that got the 180 kit and we weren't sure at that time what would be the best track to put on. I got a great deal on the Challenger and had one on my last sled so decided to go with it. This past season a couple other guys had the Extreme on their Doo's and it was amazing where they could go with that track. My buddies took some advice from someone else about the PC so bought them new, they can't stand them! I don't know if its the extra power from the turbo or what but, they just don't stay on top like the Challenger does and they don't do nearly as well in the deep powder. Sherm

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
running the 2.25 c.e. on my sled,have no issues,,big improvement over stock,,i don't find any body stopping ability that great...I'm considering turning it around and running it backwards,,it really makes a huge diff on the sleds i've seen it done,,and although it definetly won;t stop as good,,i think i'll just have to get better laying it on its side for that lol

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
I just orderd up the new Camo Ex 162 ( 9175 ) from Tracks Usa. Its going to be a few weeks before they arrive. Im also looking for more information on the new track.

I was told the new design is a blend of the Powder Claw and the orginal CE paddle design. Is this a good thing?

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
Found this.....

Each and every year Camoplast introduces updated and new tracks. No matter whether it’s a specific performance upgrade or a required maintenance replacement, Camoplast has the track you need.

CHALLENGER EXTREME: The mountain tracks for even better performance in deep snow conditions.

The 2011 versions of this benchmark high country track weigh approximately 8 per cent less than the equivalent models being replaced. Featuring the traditional Challenger design of outside edge lugs on one pitch followed by a center lug on the next pitch, the new Extremes are equipped with a 2.5-inch no-tooth lug. Every lug incorporates support towers in the center and on the edges for excellent lug support, but the section between the towers is thin and flexible under load to improve floatation in soft, bottomless powder.

The new Challenger Extreme tracks are available in 15-by-153-inch and 15-by-162-inch models (#9174M and #9175M respectively) as well as a 16-by-162-inch version (#9176M). With internal drive and a 3-inch drive pitch, they will fit Arctic Cat M-series snowmobiles equipped with Diamond Drive without drive or suspension modification, as well as fit other mountain models from other manufacturers.

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
Will the 2.5 camoplast track work with the stock drivers on a 2010? Is there enough room?

Keith

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I just put my name on a new 162/15/2.5 Challenger Extreme at Tracks USA. They said they are a couple weeks out. Can't wait to try it out. My Maverick on my 2010 Tnytro is completely junk after 800 miles last year

Premium Features