• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

can i put a m1000 motor in a m7 chassis

P
Nov 26, 2008
just wondering cause i'm gunna put some money into my m7 leightweight everything boss seat and van amberg tunnel. and boondocker turbo. just wondering if the 700 engine got to small if i could replace it with a 1000 in the m7 chassis any help would be great

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Cutler does make a big bore kit for the M7. I run one, but I don't think that's what you're asking. I've done some research on putting a stock m1000 motor in a M7 chassis, and I've talked to people on here who've done it. From what I've learned, the motor will fit pretty easily, but you do have to fab at least one new motor mount. The worst thing is that you will have to replace everything electrical, including ecu, and ccu. It will be a job, but when I've got some money to do it, I'm planning on finding a wrecked m1000 to do it, but I'll be putting a Cutler 1300 big bore motor in my M7:face-icon-small-hap

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
A/C IS SELLING NEW M1000 MOTORS FOR $2200

WHY WAIT FOR WRECKED SLED, THAT 1300 LOOKS BADAZZ

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
I think you can put M1000 injectors on it. Or you can put 60lb/hr 12ohm aftermarked injectors for $60.- instead of the $300,- M1000 injectors.

Do any know the flow of the M7 injectors? If not ask a turbokit maker to the M7..

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
WHY WAIT FOR WRECKED SLED, THAT 1300 LOOKS BADAZZ

I'd bet the $2200 motor is just that, a motor. You'd still have to buy the stator, flywheel, recoil starter, steering rod arm, oil pump, water pump, servo motor, ecu, ccu, wiring harness, fuel pump (I'm assuming there), throttle bodies & maybe injectors. By the time you find and buy all that separate you'd be in it a lot more than just buying a good used sled and taking what you need and selling the rest. That's where hopefully a wrecked sled will work out nicely. When I do have the money and start doing it, I'll have a project thread on here to show the progress and get advice.

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
I'd bet the $2200 motor is just that, a motor. You'd still have to buy the stator, flywheel, recoil starter, steering rod arm, oil pump, water pump, servo motor, ecu, ccu, wiring harness, fuel pump (I'm assuming there), throttle bodies & maybe injectors. By the time you find and buy all that separate you'd be in it a lot more than just buying a good used sled and taking what you need and selling the rest. That's where hopefully a wrecked sled will work out nicely. When I do have the money and start doing it, I'll have a project thread on here to show the progress and get advice.

Motors are complete including valves.

A

akholland

Feb 15, 2010
m1000 motor

They are complete, it was 2700 last march when I got one and it was power valves the whole 9 yards. I think it might be something to do with them not continuing the 1000's.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Motors are complete including valves.

Complete is not very specific. Yes it comes with power valves, does it come with the servo motor, the stator, the flywheel, the oil pump, the water pump, the recoil starter, the ecu, the ccu... The list I put down is the list IMO of a COMPLETE motor set-up because you need all of those things to be able to use it. And not that anyone asked my opinion but, I don't think they're discontinuing the 1000cc, I bet they are getting rid of what they have so they can come out with the 1000 HO motor, just like they did with the 800.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
BTW, does anyone have any info on the kit D&D has to put a m1000 motor in a M7 chassis? I remember seeing it in a catalog for about $500 but I don't remember seeing what all the kit comes with. I've tried calling them a couple times and each time I'm put on hold forever. Either they're really busy, or they just don't care.

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
That kit was for the F7,with chaincase.
But a friend of mine has a M1000 motor in his M7 with a DD and he just cutted the frame some places and strenghted it again with some aluprofiles.

Thinkin about doin the same with a "141 just a 1300.

Last edited:
E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I don't know about the 1000 crate motors from cat but the last crate motor I got from cat was a 1m800 and I was shocked had it all ecu y pipe coil power valves the works.I got that one through black magic racing program they got it out of ac salvage.some dealers buy the crate motors and pull all the parts off them and sell you a short block.don't know about the M chassi but I know of a few f7 with 1000 running around my parts on the lakes I think it was D&D making a adapter plate for the swap

Last edited:

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I don't know about the 1000 crate motors from cat but the last crate motor I got from cat was a 1m800 and I was shocked had it all ecu y pipe coil power valves the works.I got that one through black magic racing program they got it out of ac salvage.some dealers buy the crate motors and pull all the parts off them and sell you a short block.don't know about the M chassi but I know of a few f7 with 1000 running around my parts on the lakes I think it was D&D making a adapter plate for the swap

D&D does make the adapter plate for $500 but I'm pretty sure it comes with more than just the adapter plate. I've spoken to a few people on here that have put a stock m1000 motor in a m7 chassis and they have said that other than having to fab the other motor mounts (or buy some), it fit right in no problem. I'm still going to do my build of a cutler 1300 in my m7 but until I've got the cash flow it is just a plan and nothing else.

Premium Features