• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

replacing p.e.r.c. button and grip heater controls.

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
i would like to get rid of the control pod and master cylinder on the left side of the bars. does anyone know what type of button to use for the p.e.r.c. ?

This is where I put my stock button.
6.jpg

the redneck way

This is where I put my stock button.
6.jpg
thanks, you guys answered all 3 of my questions. stock, aftermarket, or retro?
i know the billet fly kill switch adds a couple HORSE POWER karl. [/COLOR] and the factory dragon switch will make it handle better! but the way we do it where i come from is much the same way as RYDPWDR did it. now i just need to know how he did it. hey RYDPWDR, how joo do that? did you take the button out of the pod? or leave it in and make a mount?

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
i'm thinking about not running the hand warmers, i'm thinking they rob too much power:cool:are you running hand warmers?

Too much horsepower or too much electrical power?

If you are worried about the HP, don't its less than a tenth of a HP.

If its electrical power, what are you running thats using that much power that you need the extra for?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
i'm thinking about not running the hand warmers, i'm thinking they rob too much power:cool:are you running hand warmers?

I don't need hp:D, I had mounted mine down above the footwell but that didn't work so well because you hit your legs on them, I would just mt the switch on the back side of the handle bars like you would a tach or egts. that way you have all your switches.

Too much horsepower or too much electrical power?

If you are worried about the HP, don't its less than a tenth of a HP.

If its electrical power, what are you running thats using that much power that you need the extra for?

actually, i'm just messin' with mike. i've never ran grip heaters except for on my daughters machine. i changed my riser and bars and seriously doubt that i will put heaters on them.

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
thanks, you guys answered all 3 of my questions. stock, aftermarket, or retro?
i know the billet fly kill switch adds a couple HORSE POWER karl. [/COLOR] and the factory dragon switch will make it handle better! but the way we do it where i come from is much the same way as RYDPWDR did it. now i just need to know how he did it. hey RYDPWDR, how joo do that? did you take the button out of the pod? or leave it in and make a mount?

I removed it from the main housing, then used a dremel to grind off some of the plastic around it, drilled the hole by the key. I used a quick set plastic epoxy. After it dried I used silicon sealant around it. It's been that way since 04 and has never come loose.

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
I want to move the whole left side control down, the whole unit in one piece any one done this? I Just picked up the complete perc kit to install on 02 800RMK. only want Throttle block and Brake on bars.

P

proflow

Dec 15, 2007
Buckley, WA
Just stop by rat shack & get a momentary push button for reverse, like 2 bucks. Small toggle for lights & warmers. 3 bucks. Not worth trashing a complete sell-able unit just for a simple switch.-------Proflow

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
On my edge I have a support bracket that I made for the steering post that bolts into the stock upper post support. The U shaped support has an extra factory polaris bushing on top to support the post. On the back side I measured out the holes for the stock polaris control half and mounted it in to the space and ran the wires accordingly.

I wish I had some pics as it turned out really clean, I got the idea from one of the guys that used to be with Team Sno Quest. I will try and get some pics and post them up for you guys.

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
On my edge I have a support bracket that I made for the steering post that bolts into the stock upper post support. The U shaped support has an extra factory polaris bushing on top to support the post. On the back side I measured out the holes for the stock polaris control half and mounted it in to the space and ran the wires accordingly.

I wish I had some pics as it turned out really clean, I got the idea from one of the guys that used to be with Team Sno Quest. I will try and get some pics and post them up for you guys.
Ok you have to post some pics of this!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features