• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hello from a newbie and questions

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Valves look cleanish, they moved freely but there was quite a bit of oil under the diaphragms. Jets were 450 both sides, chart says 490 for my area so i got some 500's as kraven suggested. Got the clutch chart from the dealer, going to get at those tonight and see if everything matches up. Hoping for the best.

The Polaris charts are conservative. What do the plugs tell you?

B
Jan 27, 2008
Hard to tell, new plugs. I'll run it for a while to get some color on them, just didn't want to run it too long if it was lean. Thinking the valve has more to do with it than the jetting. Time will tell.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Hard to tell, new plugs. I'll run it for a while to get some color on them, just didn't want to run it too long if it was lean. Thinking the valve has more to do with it than the jetting. Time will tell.

Check your clutch weights

we ran 66's with the stock DARK BLUE/White stripe spring

Clutching chart and spec sheet for 2003 - 800 attached

Attachments

• 2003 POLARIS SUPP INFO JETS & CLUTCH.pdf
    208.5 KB · Views: 60
B
Jan 27, 2008
Not sure what it means, but the xc 800 and rmk 800 have different clutch spring charts, even at the same alt. RMK charts says green black spring, xc says blue white? Are they the same clutch?

Also, Does anyone know how to check the temp sensor? Impedance reading?

Last edited:
Premium Features