• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who else?

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
I saw something similar in another thread, a few weeks ago. You're not alone. Good luck.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
I had this happen at around the 100 mile mark, they said it took almost 8 hrs to get the rest of the clutch off the crank!! Thats why I love my warranty :D

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Haven't had that on mine yet but I always put the belt on with the letters/numbers facing me just like the book says. lol.

I think I'm going to run one of my older Indy Dan P-85's full time and use the Pro clutch as a shelf spare. The pro clutch might last longer if only used a day or two a year and if I grenade one of the others then I'll know it isn't a casting issue.

Did you get another one coming Tom? EW

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I had the same issue on my 09 D8 (w/ no turbo). I figured it just had a stress crack or as others have said...came from a bad batch. I tried welding the broken part back on, but I didn't try too hard because I didn't want to melt the crank bearing. So I used a cut of tool and slowly worked through the clutch sleeve to the crank. I had a friend check run out on the crank and all was fine.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
09 D8 155, under 1000 miles, broke last weekend. Sorry no pics, but it the clutch shaft broke for about 270 degrees at the face of the fixed sheave. Bolt didn't break, left the clutch at about a 45 to the engine. Helluva clunk. Will be luck if I have a crank left.

Its not a Dragon, its a dragiton--- drive it out and then dragiton home.

Premium Features