• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bent timberskid

L
Jan 2, 2008
Cranbrook BC
I bought a new nytro this fall of the show room with a timberskid and mcx180 kit on it. got 2 rides already. And now i am putting my new track on and ice age 162 rails. while swapping the rails over i noticed the rear timberskid T bar for the rear shock is bent. i took some photos but had no straight edge on me to show the bend more clearly. anyone else have this happen to them on the timberskid? is it this weak?

DSC00034.jpg DSC00035.jpg DSC00036.jpg

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Yikes, hopefully not the price for light weight, good luck with getting it sorted out.

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
I would call timbersled I had a m1000 that did the same thing the only difference from yours and mine is that it didnt have the risers welded in from the down tubes to the cross shaft at the top I called them and they didnt even hesitate and said they would get one coming right away (at no cost) and told me to through the old bent one out which i did never had another problem from then on really spoke volumes about there customer support

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Like the post above, give Timbersled a call. Best customer support I've seen in a long time. Willing to bet you have a new one comming in no time.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Very common problem especially with the earlier style rear arms. I bent 3 arms and finally had the latest arm with the larger diameter top tube. Even then i noticed a little wow in it after one season. The TS stuff is too light duty imo ! I sold it and will never buy that junk again !

I will give TS credit for their great customer service though ! It was just getting a little old dealing with everything wearing out and bending.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
This also happened to mine....as Summitboy said it was a common problem on the older generation timbersled. As long as the shaft inside can still rotate you should be OK. I upgraded to the larger diameter one last season but it did not come at no charge from Timbersled. I have about five rides on the new one and no problems as of yet.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
me too and 3 of my buddies.....you need the new beefier arm, the updated shock mnts, and probably need different shocks...the earlier ones had foaming issues due to a seal problem....pm me if you want more details......

S
Jan 6, 2008
I just got the new version of the rear scisssor since mine was bent. It cost me $100 and they assured me this was the fix. I am a little worried now.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
are you guys bottoming out crazy after a few miles? does it feel like riding a ballon through out the day? Mine was doing that and what was happening the seal in the shocks that separate the oil from the nitrogen was passing allowing the oil to foam....so there is no compression or rebound on the shock because the oil going through the stack of the piston was foam, thus making no restriction what so ever.... we had to pump the air chambers up to 250 and higher just so we could ride them....wreck a hole season till i got it sorted.....i sold mine skid, but the other fellas had not bad luck the next year with the upgraded parts....in the shop or trailer before we went riding it was hard as a rock, but didnt take long to look like this.......im 230lbs.....

The new arm is just a heavier band aid on the real problem......you need to make sure the shocks are working....the arm wont bend unless its bottoming right?.........I don't like bashing a company and this is not what this is about, but they need to address the problem properly with the older kits....they did send us(4) new arms, shocks, and mnts, so they stood behind it.....

100_4478.jpg

100_4265Large.jpg

Last edited:

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Very common problem especially with the earlier style rear arms. I bent 3 arms and finally had the latest arm with the larger diameter top tube. Even then i noticed a little wow in it after one season. The TS stuff is too light duty imo ! I sold it and will never buy that junk again !

I will give TS credit for their great customer service though ! It was just getting a little old dealing with everything wearing out and bending.

X2 that is the same experience I have had with Tsled. Customer service was great! Tired of bending and breaking things constantly!!

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Yup replaced both my arms front and back to newer updated design, the shocks also played a huge part in the damage, loss of N2 etc.. TS replaced everything and reworked shocks for next to nothing $$ wise..
Excellent customer service :face-icon-small-hap
Also had to stop beating it on the whooped out trails :face-icon-small-sho
Worked good last season with updates and held the front end down nice @ 16 lbs or so

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
X2 that is the same experience I have had with Tsled. Customer service was great! Tired of bending and breaking things constantly!!

x3 tired of spending money there.

B

BLUE BLOOD

Aug 15, 2008
CO
SAME PROBLEM. CALLED TIMBERSLED AND WAITING FOR A CALL BACK. HOPING FOR THAT GREAT CUSTOMER SEVICE.

Premium Features