• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nitrous and pipe kit going to far?

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
I got a 2010 m8 and deciding on what i should do. I got vents on the way and the clutch is dialed pretty good. I been doing some research on the new boss nos kit and the pipe kits. would it actually be worth putting the kits on m8? Or would it be smarter to go with one before the other? is a y-pipe alone going to make a difference on these new H.O.'s. Do nitrous kits make a big difference and reliable?

The biggest thing is, Has anyone actually put different kits on to test them or is it to early to get real proof.
How is the nitrous kits for performance wise?
I just want some real honest answers from the guys the know this inside and out.
Thanks in advance

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Ok... I'll tell you what I know about your questions. And that is only the Boss noss end of things!

I installed a new Boss noss kit on my twin piped '08 M8 toward the end of the season. I started with a 60hp shot and it was too much. I had to weight the clutch so much to handle the noss that when I wasn't on the button it I would only pull 7300 rpm.

I swapped nos jets to a 40 hp shot and it was a blast! I could pull 7700 rpm off the button and on the button I would hit 8300 and it was wheelie time! It was fun to weight the clutch and just hold the button!

The noss kit was simple and easy to install and did as it was supposed too, but in the end I wanted the 60hp all the time. So I am going rg turbo and will be running pump gas for the most part. I am keeping the 40 hp noss just for good measure!

P

ProKlim

Dec 10, 2007
North Dakota
Justified,
Give Jake a call, he's in mandan and he will set you up, he put the new boss nos kit on my 1200 and it is slick. 701-202-6304 is his number.
Hope this helps, let us know what you end up doing.

Premium Features