• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Van Amburg Boards for the M

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I was really debating on what to do with my 07 M8. I really like the sled and it runs strong. The problem was I had not done anything to the running boards or the bumper. I really like the wide boards that Van Amburg has on his boondock bumper kit but I wanted them with the back half of the boondock tunnel which he did not offer.
One Friday afternoon I gave Mike Van Amburg a call and pitch him my idea. He said that they were not designed to go together but let him think about for a couple of weeks and he would get back to me. The following Monday my wife called me at work and said that Mike at Van Amburg's called and that he needed to talk to me that day because his programmer was coming in that Wednesday and that they were going to build it for me. I also ordered their rear cooler to finish the package.

I am super happy on how the final product turned out. Mike was great to work with and provides great customer service. There are not too many places that when you have a question you get to talk straight to the owner. Thanks Mike.

I still have to mount the tail light and I am getting a custom flap made but here are the pictures.

after1.jpg after2.jpg after3.jpg after4.jpg

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
But

But it is still a Cat. How about keeping the tunnel, sawing off the front hood, motor, drive, and engine, replace it with a XP hood, drive and ROTAX POWER... THEN you will have a sled!!!:face-icon-small-hap

Rob.. looks cool and Mike is a great guy to work with... looks like what CB 7 is doing to his sled...

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Cost

Boards $300
Rear half $350
Cooler $135

Plumnuts,
If I added the Rotax power Van Amburg would have to integrate a front tow hook. Plus I don't have enough storage for all the extra belts required.:face-icon-small-sho

Rob

S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
Plumnuts,
If I added the Rotax power Van Amburg would have to integrate a front tow hook. Plus I don't have enough storage for all the extra belts required.:face-icon-small-sho

Rob[/QUOTE]

That's funny and the truth.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
sorry, but those pictures suck!!!!....almost as bad as the ones on VEs site

i did the rear half and his edges last year, sled came out very very well....but someone has to help VE out and get some better camera skills:light:

reasons i say your and his pics suck:
- show the underside of the boards
- show the foot well, top and bottom
- the 07/08/09 tunnels are all different, will it fit them all or do you need to grind a bit, i know i did to get my rear half to fit, not a big deal, but its nice to know the whole story:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features