• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aero charger

H
Dec 12, 2009
Anyone running a series 53 aero charger on an M8, I've heard (and I dont't know how reliable the source is) that the series 53 can be a little too small for the M8's.

I planned on running a series 53 OVS kit, at 10,000 ft and around 6-7 lbs of boost, see any problems with that setup?

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Try posting this in the A/C "Turbo" section and I bet you'll get more views on your question which hopefully leads to quality answers.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
i ran an aero 53 for two seasons on an m7.
imo, even if you want a low boost pump gas set up, go garrett.
# for pound, it seems to me the aero just doesn't produce like i felt it should.
now keep in mind, i am sure lots of guys will says it works great, and mine probably wasn't set up right, but i spent the whole two seasons i had it, tuning
with advise of some pretty knowledgable tuners.

the set up was ok on power, but not nearly impressive enough, imo, to justify the cost of the kit, or the race gas i was throwing at it.cheers......mm

p/s $1200 rebuilds suck as well

H
Dec 12, 2009
Well I called aerocharger and as someone else previously mentioned, they (Aerocharger) strongly recommend against using a series 53 on an 800.

I guess impeller speed and CFM (even at low boost levels) are outside of the performance envelope of this turbo, so it looks as if I will be waiting a bit longer and going with a tial/garret from OVS.

Premium Features