• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M8 153 EFI; need information..

S

Summitstef

Nov 26, 2007
In a forest, somewhere in Alberta
I have a line on a 2008 M8 153 EFI. I have been riding Bombardier all my life and I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly on the Artic Cat. It has 3500 miles on it. The bearings have been done all the way around and the diamond drive is solid. Aside from it needing new pistons and rings, what else should a guy be on the look out for on this year of a sled with the mileage it has??

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
Diamond Drive wear/bad bearings, rear wheel bearings in skid, clutch springs, and other then that its a great sled and the motors are rock solid!

C

C S Fever

Aug 30, 2009
Saskatoon,SK.
Replace the bearings and seals in the DD unless you know for sure the DD has been rebuilt. BDX makes a seal and bearing kit you can order from Rec Supply in Saskatoon get the BDX 12 oz oil too at the same time. Whole job takes 2-3 hours and that includes removing the DD from the sled. A press is important to get out and put in the bearings and seals. Do the clutch springs in both the primary and secondary as they are probably shot. There is not alot of parts available for the primary but you can use some of the bushings from the older primary and I think you can still get them from Cat. Check out the skid and make sure the that everything is still straight. Rebuild the shocks if needed and check the A-arms for cracks (they like to break at the most critical times). Electrical is not a big issue but see if the gasket upgrade was done on the gauge cluster, otherwise it can do a bunch of strange things when it gets moisture in there. The gasket can be purchased with a new faceplate for about $10, I think it is too late to do it as a recall. I am sure I missed some stuff but someone else will probably post something else for your to do list. Good Luck and have fun, shop time is always a good time with a wobbly pop or two. :beer;

Premium Features