• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A-arm bushing replacement??

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
Just recived my bushing kit from bparks.

Was wondering if there is a special way to remove the bushings? Do you just pound them out with a hammer and screwdriver?
The dont seem to want to move?

Last edited:

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
mine have always come out easy but maybe thats from being apart alot :face-icon-small-dis but sometimes a vise-grip on both ends helps twist them apart

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
ive removed a few hundred in the last few years....some are easy and some are a ****in pain in the arse

what i found works on those PITA bushings are...take some round bar or stainless tube or something round that will poke threw the other side, angle it so it comes in contact with more bushing "meat" and start pounding, move the round around around and it different spots, or find the split in the bushing and pound that out, you might have to remove bits and peaces sometimes

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
removing bushings

the easy way is to heat up a arm and get a brass punch and hit the punch in a circle around the bushing it will come right out. the brass punch is key so you dont scrap up the inside of a arm them it will realy fight you coming out never mined going back together you would trash new bushing and if sand out bushing will not fit right

Premium Features