• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

droppin weight for cheap

C
Nov 23, 2009
Kelowna BC Canada
You have never actually ran a ported track I guess, if you had you would be a believer. The new RMKs down at Carl's come with ported tracks. I know Ski-don't has done it in the past also. I would reason that it makes a difference if they are doing it. Rotational mass makes a bigger difference in performance than stationary mass. The ported track is also more flexible so it rolls freer.

I actually did port my track this year, mostly for the snow shedding it provides. It did loose some weight and I agree 100% on rotational mass, but it doesn't loose as much weight as some people think.

You can also remove boggie wheels

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
how bad do you want to be lighter?

take off everything you don't need. I mean everything........lights, gauges.......hood, bellypan, etc. It comes down to how light you wanna be and what kind of riding you do. Gut everything that does not serve you a purpose. Snowmobiles are built to serve a broad range of people. Some people only need the basics, engine, track, suspension, some sort of handle bars.......

That may sound a bit extreme, but if you start analyzing parts with this attitude you would be surprised how many luxury items you don't need.

Premium Features