• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OSP products

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
All 3 items will HELP. But, if you have another issue, they may not SOLVE the problem. We have put quite a few on with good results, but the end all to it would be the EVO TCL delete.

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
Just wondering if anyone is using the OSP products on their 1100's to help with belt life.

-Engine bumper stop
-Jack shaft bumper stop
-Jack shaft support bracket

IMO before you do anything to that sled, buy osp's alignment tool. Until you get the motor in that sled 100% square you are going to eat belts. The tool they sell is stupid simple to use and will solve most of the belt issues. check it out on their website and watch the you tube video on how to use it. It is not cheap tool but it will say you in the long run.

M
Nov 9, 2008
Butte, Montana
I have seen their alignment tool, which looks like it would work extremely well and easy. There are three of us running these hopped up 1100's and all are having belt issues. My thought was to install the engine bumper stop and the jackshaft support. I was wondering who all was running this setup and the results. I know the EVO TCL delete kit would work, it's just quite a bit more money and a lot more work to install.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The OSP stuff works fine. Most guys that are having belt issues end up with the TCL delete at the end. It is expensive, but it works. What happens on the 1100T is the flex and then the belt is trying to run in a "Z" shaped pattern and they just explode.

On the 1100s that I have worked on they either blow belts or they don't and if they are blowing belts it is usually alignment, parallelism, or flex. If you have flex you have to captivate that bad boy.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I have seen their alignment tool, which looks like it would work extremely well and easy. There are three of us running these hopped up 1100's and all are having belt issues. My thought was to install the engine bumper stop and the jackshaft support. I was wondering who all was running this setup and the results. I know the EVO TCL delete kit would work, it's just quite a bit more money and a lot more work to install.

The first thing you guys should do is get the OSP alignment tool. Split the costs. Once you know what you have going on with each sled it will be easier to fix. Many people are buying every part in the book, but with out getting the alignment right it will never be fixed. The tool makes getting the center to center, vertical, and horizontal parallelism correct possible for most everyone. It is not easy to measure these without this tool. But you will still need to buy the correct parts to keep it straight if you are running big power. Unfortunately the way it is built even after you get it right it will shred the drivetrain without better parts on sleds 250 HP +

Woody

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
:face-icon-small-coo
The first thing you guys should do is get the OSP alignment tool. Split the costs. Once you know what you have going on with each sled it will be easier to fix. Many people are buying every part in the book, but with out getting the alignment right it will never be fixed. The tool makes getting the center to center, vertical, and horizontal parallelism correct possible for most everyone. It is not easy to measure these without this tool. But you will still need to buy the correct parts to keep it straight if you are running big power. Unfortunately the way it is built even after you get it right it will shred the drivetrain without better parts on sleds 250 HP +

Woody

Agreed- The ones I have worked on ( including the 2014's) could all use the up grade to the beefer jack shaft. you will see once you hold the 2 in your hands...
It makes sense to up grade while you replacing the rubber motor mounts... everyone will eventually replace the motor mount inserts it appears for the time being.....:face-icon-small-coo sad but true..

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Be certain the clutches are not the problem. To do all the other stuff to realize one clutch is bad would be pointless.
Buy the tool. If the parallel is correct both ways and you have a correct belt length for your ctc, but you are still blowing belts, it most likely is too much twisting. The OSP engine stopper and jackshaft brace will help curb that.

M
Nov 9, 2008
Butte, Montana
I think I will order the tool first, check it, then go from there. There are three of us running the 1100's, so the cost of the tool isn't bad. This is the last thing I need to setup after all the EVO products. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances that just came up, I may have to sell it.

Premium Features