• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Paying to retrieve 2 sleds from Taft, MT area

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
This deal is starting to smell a little fishy. I’m new here and am thinking to myself what a great bunch of guys, spending there time and burning there fuel up to help someone out.

I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a sick joke
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
he wouldnt accept the sleds with a blown engine.that made me think why would the rescuers have to buy a engine. hmmm.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
My question is if the OP is overseas why isn't the dad involved with the recovery?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
OP went dark........ nuff said. Unless he's G14 classified .mil......

I'd say we've been had.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
hope its not like getting free tickets to a game and getting your house robbed while your at the game...haha..

I think thing are on the up and up...but just the same old story, if things can go wrong they will

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I hope it's not like someone telling you there sleds are stranded on the mountain and they would like you to go find them. But really they don't have sleds at all. Their just sitting on there computer laughing!!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I could be completely wrong but here is my theory. the sleds are history for some reason and he is going to try to collect insurance as stated in one of his first couple of posts. so he comes on here and starts a thread that may come in handy to try to validate his scam story to the insurance company? just my theory and I could be wrong again

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
I mean If it was me in this postion(of the lost sleds, not insurance fraud...lol) I would be on here non stop trying to figure it out.... But as his last post was the 26th and last seen was the 28th,with no post but yet we have all been harping about updates, seems fishy to me also.... I cannot say it is and I hope andrew is not chasing his tail on the mountain, It would help if BRP had a little more info or maybe a picture or two so we could be reassured that it is legit.... And also I am curious as why his father is not involved could he not pin point the sleds location and also would he not be the one picking them up after recovery????:mmph:

I personally have been googling the hell out of things like "paying to retrieve lost sleds,need help recovering....ETC...and have not found any other forums that this is on so It does lean a towards Legit to me....

But BRP please give us a glimmer of hope that this is legit!!

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
remember his father was injured..hence the trip only downhill to try and get out as his father could not hold a side hill..

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
maybe this needs to be done old schoolway. I have seen gps send people way off course.

maybe ask the guy, where did you park, which trail did you take, which turn next, etc and see if that mtches with the gps coordinates.

I asked for some coordinates to a hut the other day, that I am going to sled into. the coordinates would have put me in the middle of the biggest lake in northen Idaho.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i dought this was a fake joke.the rescuers must have intructions to take sleds somewhere if they were found.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Smells very fishy, I would think we would have heard more from the OP.
Why wasn't Andrew put in touch with the father?
Someone is trying to do a good deed ,which is awesome. People from this community have stepped up and I really hope this isn't some cruel joke
Hope this all turns out!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I am not so sure one of them there damned Bigfoots didn't read this thread and get to the sleds first.
Think about it. A bigfoot reads this (we' call him Rosie because it turns out he's a she) anyway Rosie reads this, and shows it to fellow lesbian Bigfoot whom we'll call Rachel because ......well just because.

Anyway Rosie & Rachel realize these sleds have been abandoned near their cave so they "strap on" :face-icon-small-win their equipment and embark on their search & easily find these missing sleds before andrew44 reaches what ultimately turned out to be the correct location after all.

But I doubt it because I do not think Bigfoots have opposing thumbs making it all but impossible to operate the throttle.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I am not so sure one of them there damned Bigfoots didn't read this thread and get to the sleds first.
Think about it. A bigfoot reads this (we' call him Rosie because it turns out he's a she) anyway Rosie reads this, and shows it to fellow lesbian Bigfoot whom we'll call Rachel because ......well just because.

Anyway Rosie & Rachel realize these sleds have been abandoned near their cave so they "strap on" :face-icon-small-win their equipment and embark on their search & easily find these missing sleds before andrew44 reaches what ultimately turned out to be the correct location after all.

But I doubt it because I do not think Bigfoots have opposing thumbs making it all but impossible to operate the throttle.

OR
Maybe I need to look into a breathalyzer lockout for my laptop.
That way my dog couldn't post stupid shat like this after she's been drinking.

Last edited:
Premium Features