• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Rmk driveshaft

Hellsledder

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sweden
Anybody got any info on the driveshaft, is it the same hydroformed, splined axel as on the 2009-2010 Assaults??

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
It is different that the Assaults. It is the same as the Rush. It tapers from the middle. Avid Products will be making drivers in 3", 2.86" and 2.52" pitches. They will be like the Artic driver. They will be installed in the middle of the shaft and reach over to the track windows. This is a cat driver pictured.

articdriver.jpg

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I've had a few buddies break there shafts in the mountains, and it sucks when you can't ride. Would it be better with the solid shaft we had in the past on the old Edges, Gen II,or wedge with a 3.0 pitch driver and a 3.0 pitch track.Those single ply tracks are not going to last. Seems like the old shafts didn't have many issues compared to these new shafts. A guy could builld a solid shaft for that new 2011 rmk.:face-icon-small-dis Any ideas.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The hollow shaft is like a zillion times stronger than the solid 1 1/8" shafts.

I've not heard of Polaris guys breaking shafts, Doo had some issues the first year of the XP, but they fixed those under recall, weld issues I believe.

sled_guy

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Robbie...thanks for the custom drivers for my Dragon!!

The new drivers will look something like this if I get the description right.

P1060233.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The new axle IS hydroformed... same part as used on the RUSH...But different from the current models.

It also has steel PTO end on it and is much stronger than the previous models.

They are NOT interchangeable.

Premium Features