• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Install

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
Just put a 270 MCX kit on a nytro, is it normal for there to be little knock coming from the top of the engine it has only been run for about a minute so the oil system may still have some air in it? Did I miss something?
Thanks

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
It is normal to get a heavy rattling sound in the top end until oil pressure is established and the timing chain tensioners are pumped up. You should let the engine run for at least 3 or 4 minutes to make sure that this has happened. Shutting it down early you could have jumped a cog on your timing gears I would check the cam timing again before starting it up again.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
It was started once to make sure there was oil to the turbo but I had to re-route some stuff and have not started it again I will start it and let it get to operating temp thanks for the help guys!!!!

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
It quieted down alot after I ran it for a while and I do have some noise coming from the clutch thats normal thanks for all the help it does start and idles perfect sounds awsome can't wait to get it out
Thanks again
Mick

Premium Features