• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rb3 stutter button

J

jehay

Mar 15, 2008
camrose, alberta
well i have a push button working on the stutter on my nytro rb3 but i was thinking of hooking it up to the brake lever instead but i can't figure out how to do it i tryed all 3 wires by the tail light and the two wire up by the brake lever nothing is working do you need a relay to get this to work?? I also was thinking of using the second map with the stutter.... one guy said to pull all the fuel out where you want it to studder and also retard the timing?? What is your input thanx

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I dont think I would pull fuel, I would probably pull timing and hook the the stutter and switch map together. I have wanted to try this, just havent got aroung to it. I'll maybe give it a try this weekend.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I'd try to pull 10-15 degrees up to engagement on the switch map? Gonna take some playing around, may have to take fuel too, not sure, may just flood out and die? I'll try this weekend or next one out.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Has anyone tried the stutter without using the switchmap? Try that first, have never hooked up, pretty simple though.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I figured he having a dino would have tested it. Especially being a flat land racer. Do you guys think the drivetrain will hold up to that kind of tq at launch? I cant imagine what a 174 set in the spring snow will do to a chaincase at 5-10 lbs of boost:eek: I hope you guys try it and get it figured out. have any of you tried the new 200 map adjust in Rapid master? I had it out last weekend and it worked great.

J

jehay

Mar 15, 2008
camrose, alberta
well i got about 2-3 pounds with the stutter we've retard the timing 7 degree and the stutter comes on at 3200 rpm i have not field tested it yet but in the shop it jumps out of the hole!! I think its going to be a runner:face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:

deepbreather

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2008
Stutter with brake

You have to use a relay to ground out the brown wire.
positive from brake to coil wire on relay
negative from coil to ground

one side of n/o contact to brown of rb3 wire
other side of n/o contact to ground.

You can do the same to switch map, I have not done this. except grey wire
But you must use relay to ground out the brown with the brake lever. I have done it.

Premium Features