• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

viper triple pipes

S
May 31, 2008
looking at getting some slp triples for an 04 mtn viper. Was wondering if i can run triple pipes safely without a different head. have heard about overheating withstock head. do the pipes make that big of difference? any info would be appreciated

whatryan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
lemars iowa
i have the slp pipes on my viper and it s a good mod. my head is stock and havent seen any over heating but viper are know for that stock. u could just put the bender head gasket in and put the srx rear cooler in that will help alot. i am right in the middle of a rebuild had a bearing go out. and i am putting the bender gasket in. u can get more info on tottallyamaha. info on there is very good

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
If I was to do it again I would go SLP pipes
Bender opitcool head gasket
use rear tunnel cooler (which I think you have)
peak head with changeable domes
READ POWDER BOG on here & TY
if you have stock rear suspension build trandfer enhancement kit (must have)

M

mopar1rules

May 16, 2008
speedwerx head works fine too, as well as megapower heads and stock srx heads. also, on a piped viper, run a srx base gasket, as it will help give more equal cooling.

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
I also ran tthe SRX base gasket and if you pull the jugs you are foolish not to go that route
I most likely have a list of set up if wanted

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I ran mine (SLPs) with the stock head and gasket for years without issues. I did add a rear cooler though, it makes a big difference keeping it cool.
I recommend running the mag cylinder one main jet size richer and 1/2 position richer on the needle compared to the PTO/Center cylinders. Its the leaner one on a SLP piped Viper.
Run good fuel, only premium without ethenol perfered.

Last edited:
S
May 31, 2008
thanks for all the info guys. I rode last weekend with a guy that had a viper piped and modded a bit and it kept up with all the new 800's. He told me that its as reliable as stock and twice as powerful. Was looking into a rev 800 but cant see myself on something other that a yamaha either. Yamaha reliability, cant beat it

Premium Features