• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

question about how the new pro rides

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
I am kicking around the idea of snowchecking a new one. But I started to wonder, it does kinda look like a new XP, but does it ride like one in anyway. Cause I really HATE the way a XP handles.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
NO! It rides nothing like an XP. I have hated the XP since it was introduced. The new Pro RMK is nothing like it. It feels a lot like a Dragon RMK only lighter when you jump right off the Dragon and on to the Pro RMK. And if you are fat like I am it doesn't wallow like the Dragon RMK does with those WE air shocks.

It still lifts the inside ski in corners when ridden hard on the trail.

sled_guy

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Let's put it this way, the demos had the sway bar still in them and they were easier to throw around then an xp...and they seemed to climb just as good as an xp....at least from what I could tell in the crappy snow we were in.

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
After talking directly with several rmk team test riders their opinion was that it is better than the iq in every way. Easier to boondock, more predictable when sidehilling, climbs better, stronger chassis, its lighter, and from what I was told it just goes where you want it to.

I've only ridden them on flat ground and it feels very stable and less mushy when turning at speed, much like my buddies summit xp, but if I leaned and gave it some gas I could ride it on one ski as long as I wanted, NOTHING like my buddies xp.

Premium Features