• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 xtx going to albany need suggestions

D
Mar 2, 2008
La Porte City, IA
I have stock track and wont be changing it even though i'd like to. Going to use some m skis should be good there. Just need some suspension and clutching hints please.... Im going there from Iowa the sled over-revs here in the loose stuff not sure if I need to change anything in the clutching. Im a newbie to mountains only been out one other time... Love it I hope the snow is set up a little next week for my 1.25 track:face-icon-small-ton Thanks

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Check with your dealer on the clutching, (use 9,000 to 10,000 feet elevation should be close enough) I will bet you will want to lighten up the primary quite a bit. If it was me I would gear it down some also. You can probably find a gear combination that would allow you to use your chain, saving you some bucks.

W

Walden

Dec 18, 2008
Wisconsin
Not familiar with albany elevation and conditions so I'm not sure of the clutching. On the suspension, definetely suck the limiter straps all the way up/down (tight) to minimize trenching. Other thing to consider is removing or disconecting the swaybar if you are doing mainly pow playing. That's about it on suspension from my experience. Have fun!

D
Mar 2, 2008
La Porte City, IA
Thanks for your help guys turns out Yamaha pays for the first clutching and gearing set up for free and thats cool, they gave me a 19 tooth gear and some new rivets i thought it was a good deal, Im leaving today with every thing set soft and limiters set 3\4 out Ill try that to start with and report my findings in a week. Thanks again Im out of here:face-icon-small-ton

D
Mar 2, 2008
La Porte City, IA
well im back and the 19 tooth gear and rivets the dealer sent me were the same as what was in the sled that sucked butt so i knocked out the rivets in the cam arms and still could only pull 8350 at the widowmaker:mmph: had everything set soft in susp. some m8 skis on and the limiter straps 3\4 out and the only thing i did not like was how hard this thing still steers had 4 inch carbides. rode some other sleds and none had heavy steering lioke this one love the sled hate the steering and the trenching was going to suck up the limiters but did not want any more ski pressure on the trail side of things....

Premium Features