• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

alpine front mount on nytro eating antifreeze

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Probably a head gasket and its going out the overflow hose because of crankcase pressure in the coolant lines.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
a day of riding i would say a liter or so
do you guys really think the gaskets toast

If you dont have a visiable leak from a hose or fitting then yes, sorry to say the head looks like it has to come off.Do a leak down test before you start ripping the sled apart though...

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Probably stock compression with stock head bolts and is pushing past the gasket. I think thats too much boost for stock, tried it once :face-icon-small-sad

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
for fun put a little bottle, like a water bottle zip tied under the overflow to catch and see if its coming out there. if it is.. its pointing you towards a bad head gasket... other things do happen thought, had a small leak on mine around a hose fitting, and it was on the motor so it slowly evaporated all day, so you wouldnt notice any steady leak.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
i would do a compression test on the motor before i ride it again. no sense doing more damage.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
After losing a coolant line on my GT2860, the fitting we replaced it with drips about every 30 seconds. I lose about 8oz over a full ride. Its not terrible, but a pain in the butt sometimes.

Premium Features