• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Oil Tank system Vid.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Shipping?

I know that we have been told that we can pick up our turbo kits at the snow shows, but if we are not going to the shows when can we have them shipped to us?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I know that we have been told that we can pick up our turbo kits at the snow shows, but if we are not going to the shows when can we have them shipped to us?

I spoke with BD this morning (I'll be installing a few Turbos this fall from them and others... worth the call for me).

If you SnowChecked your kit you get priority over the other orders (snowcheck ended July 15).

If you snowchecked you can get it at the shows, or pay for the shipping ... same delivery schedule.

Once all of the Snow Check orders are filled, then the later orders will be sent out.

The PRO - RMK kits will not be available until late Nov. Early December .... again, with the Snow Check customers getting first priority according to BD. Although the hardware work is complete on the Pro RMK's...they want to have more saddle time on the kit before delivering to the customers.

Last edited:
S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
Thinking of getting one of these just have a few questions for you.

I always end up with the my sled running upside down for awhile:face-icon-small-hap. Will this tank work, in your video you dont hold it upside down for more than 1/2 a second, My sled will be upside down for maybe a minute at a time. Will the tank leak if held upside down for awhile? If the tank is just baffled, I would think eventually the oil will come back through the drain hole. Also what happens with the line hooked up to the vent hole, can you put the line on the tank and let the tank sit upside down for awhile? I seen a few kits last year that would leak oil out of that line.

Ive seen some turbos fail from excessive oil heat, is there any type of cooling system this year? I noticed your supplying coolant lines on the turbo, but any way of cooling the oil. Ive been doing some research and emailed Garrett about this and they confirmed that if the oil gets to hot it will take out the plastic bearing retainer in the cartridge. Also is the oil heat destructive to your oil pump? Ive read a few post of pumps failing and thought the hot oil temps may be contributing to that.

Do you have any type of fail safe incase the oil leaks out of the tank, or the oil pump stops working? A gauge or light? I feel this is a must with the turbo kits that run an electric pump. 16oz of oil can be lost almost instantly without notice while riding.

Also are the kits including the throttle boot plate? Seems to be a common problem with the polaris sleds.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Thinking of getting one of these just have a few questions for you.

I always end up with the my sled running upside down for awhile:face-icon-small-hap. Will this tank work, in your video you dont hold it upside down for more than 1/2 a second, My sled will be upside down for maybe a minute at a time. Will the tank leak if held upside down for awhile? If the tank is just baffled, I would think eventually the oil will come back through the drain hole. Also what happens with the line hooked up to the vent hole, can you put the line on the tank and let the tank sit upside down for awhile? I seen a few kits last year that would leak oil out of that line.

Ive seen some turbos fail from excessive oil heat, is there any type of cooling system this year? I noticed your supplying coolant lines on the turbo, but any way of cooling the oil. Ive been doing some research and emailed Garrett about this and they confirmed that if the oil gets to hot it will take out the plastic bearing retainer in the cartridge. Also is the oil heat destructive to your oil pump? Ive read a few post of pumps failing and thought the hot oil temps may be contributing to that.

Do you have any type of fail safe incase the oil leaks out of the tank, or the oil pump stops working? A gauge or light? I feel this is a must with the turbo kits that run an electric pump. 16oz of oil can be lost almost instantly without notice while riding.

Also are the kits including the throttle boot plate? Seems to be a common problem with the polaris sleds.

if your sled is running upside down for minutes at a time its going to cause severe engine damage. spend $30 and get a tether, best money you can spend.
as far as the oil heat issue, i have almost 6000 miles on my BD turbo'd D8 and have never had any issues what so ever like that and i dont even run coolant to the turbo. still running the stock electric oil pump, never had an issue, and i just check the oil in the turbo tank before every ride, top off as needed. as far as a light or indicator for those parts failing you will have to make your own, most people dont see the need therefore the kits dont come with them. Yes, kits include the throttle body boot plate to help the boots last longer.

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
Ok just even 10 seconds, I would like to see the tank upside down showing that it doesnt leak oil. I watched the video a few times and it seems they dont like to hold it upside down and barely shake it. I have been around many turbo setups and just want to see how this is actually going to stop the oil flow.

Yes I will get a tether on my sled iam building this year.

Just stated the information I have gathered over the years, I have seen some turbos fail, and know that hot oil can lead to this over time.

Thanks

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I always end up with the my sled running upside down for awhile. Will this tank work, in your video you don't hold it upside down for more than 1/2 a second, My sled will be upside down for maybe a minute at a time. Will the tank leak if held upside down for awhile? If the tank is just baffled, I would think eventually the oil will come back through the drain hole. Also what happens with the line hooked up to the vent hole, can you put the line on the tank and let the tank sit upside down for awhile? I seen a few kits last year that would leak oil out of that line.

I never had an issue last year with leaks with the sled on it’s hood for longer periods they will leak if overfilled though. So roll it over as long as you want.

The oil temps are very low so the oil is not the issue (now maybe if you were picking your oil up off the motor (4-stroke) and had a problem with oil temps. Cooling lines to the turbo are a must with the new bearing retainer but the oil in these systems does not have a temp issue.

Do you have any type of fail safe in case the oil leaks out of the tank, or the oil pump stops working? A gauge or light? I feel this is a must with the turbo kits that run an electric pump. 16oz of oil can be lost almost instantly without notice while riding.

The new BD oil will help allot if say you had a problem but the pumps and driver boards last for a long time and has been a non-issue for most of the kits as there are allot of kits out there now.

Yes it comes with a plate.

Premium Features