• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

high end bogging dragon 700

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
got a 07 700 turbo dragon and on high end when going full throttle it boggs really really bad like it hits a rev limiter or something and loses power but then picks it back up and goes again, almost feels like it drops a plug, i changed plugs and it did it again, however it doesnt do it consistently, anyone have any ideas?

S

snofoshow

Feb 16, 2009
What kind of fuel controller are you using? Sounds like you need to adjust fuel up or down on the high end.

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
got the boondocker box, i tried adjusting some but couldnt get it to where i wanted it, cant find anyone with a 700 that can give me numbers for around 3000 feet to 5000 feet so it was lots of guess and check, rode it for 4 days and it was running awesome then it started that high end bogging and track ratcheting,

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i think your problem is your getting too much fuel. i had the same problem and insisted that it was lean for the longest time until i was convinced to try lowering a few settings. unfortunately i dont run the same kit as you and dont have any clue what numbers you need to be running

T
Nov 3, 2009
not sure if this will be of any help, I have an 07 600 turbo that was doing the same thing at the end of last year, i went through the carbs, fuel filter, fuel pump, plugs boots and wires and it did not seem to change. I checked compression and found it was low. I did a top end in it and havent had the chance to get it back on the snow due to the fact there is none. but it seemed to give back more of the top end. I didnt go wide open but again I seemed to get a little more top end back. This may be way off due to the fact that I have carbs and your dealing with EFI but maybe just something to check.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Its more than likely a rich condition. Does it sound like its miss firing, and feel like it just hits a wall? Here are some pointers for you.

Change you plugs, or at least gap them down to around .020

Lower your High Psi fuel number a few numbers.

Watch your wideband gauge if you have one, Slowly bring your rpms while riding and watch that gauge closely, the numbers will probally start going like 14 13 12 11 10.9 10.8 10.7 and then instantly spike to like 18 or a high number, You are probally blasting off way to fast to WOT and dont look at the gauge until its starts to misfire or flood out, And they will always read LEAN when it misfires and floods out.

Also a leak in the charge system can cause your sled to do similar things, Check all your clamps, boots and fittings for leaks.

And too much octane will cause a sled to act this way also. What are you running for fuel? Elevation?

Send me some more information on your setup and I will gladly help you out.

Thanks
Justin Silbernagel

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
rode it for 4 days and it was running awesome then it started that high end bogging and track ratcheting,

I guess nobody else saw this, But it stands out like a sore thumb to me. I know that some sleds really freak out when the track ratchets, it causes weird things to happen and can really cause the clutching/motor load to jump, thus messing with things. It just seems odd as your setup worked, then started not working. Tighten the track up a hair as well so it doesnt ratchet. Might not be anything, but its stupuid simple and you hate to chase turbo problems that might be from elsewhere.

Premium Features