• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is it worth the trouble?

S

skotertoken

Feb 17, 2008
Arvidsjaur, Sweden
Hi!
I'm about to get a turbo for my PRO-RMK and wonder, have the previus kits bin running fine? Is there much trouble? I have built and owned a mean nytro MCX turbo, and looking to hear the difference. I'm thinking about the BD kits mostly but want to hear from you all!
Thanks/ Jonathan in Sweden

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i have over 5 thousand miles on mine and love it... i've had a few little issues along the way but its been hands down my most reliable sled i have ever owned and i run 12-14lbs of boost day in and day out

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
No one that builds turbos has the new CFi system yet on their shop floor to work with it.

The hardware and plumbing portion of it should be easy... Fuel management and integration will be the big challenge.

I really doubt that ANY will be on the snow this season... Struthers/BD would be my best bet for first out with one.

Supplemental fueling with only 2 injectors will, IMO, be a challenge that needs additional injectors and a way to mount them.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Supplemental fueling with only 2 injectors will, IMO, be a challenge that needs additional injectors and a way to mount them.

pretty sure most have that figured out already after playing with the dual injectior bodies on the cats so far... but it all takes time to get it locked down and ready to sell to the public.. im excited to see the new chassis under boost.!!

S

skotertoken

Feb 17, 2008
Arvidsjaur, Sweden
Do you run it on pure race gas or 50/50? My challenge will be that I will build it for pump gas only. The race gas cost 23,69usd per gallon in sweden... Not so funny! So I will build it for 98octane, so is here anyone out there that have their sled setup for pump gas? And how much boost are you running?

Do you run it on pure race gas or 50/50? My challenge will be that I will build it for pump gas only. The race gas cost 23,69usd per gallon in sweden... Not so funny! So I will build it for 98octane, so is here anyone out there that have their sled setup for pump gas? And how much boost are you running?

With low comp head im going to run 0,7-1,0 BAR of boost at 2000ft. currelty running 0,4 BAR of boost with standard head at 2000ft. All on Swe 98 oct fuel.

How does the turbos work at "touring" driving? Do you have to be on your toes to avoid engine damages or does it work well?

I Live in Mora. Well with the current map for all Scandinavian 800CFI's it was a bit hard to get the "cruise" mode to be good. But it works quite well, ofc you have to check your gauges from time to time. Ill still finetuning the sled. but so far it works good.

S

skotertoken

Feb 17, 2008
Arvidsjaur, Sweden
I have decided to run Silber kit with my own ideas applied. :) I also made a change on my order to a RMK assault! That sled is the most complete sled I ever rode, rock and roll right out the box! I also found the assault easier and more reliable in boondocking.

Premium Features