• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recipe's Anyone??

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
I know this is kind of an odd thread on a snowmachine/mobile site but what the heck......does anyone have any awesome recipes that they would like to share.

I had this dip at a friends house over New Years that was awesome and thought that you might be interested in it too. It's really easy to make too!

Buffalo Wing Chicken Dip
16 oz cream cheese softened
1 cup Ranch Dressing
3/4 cup of chicken broth
Add Lousiana Hot Sauce or your favorite wing sauce to your taste
2 cups shredded cheese - monterey jack or colby or other
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts

Once the chicken is boiled and done, use fork to shred into small pieces. Place in bowl with other ingredients except hold out 1 cup of cheese. Pour all ingredients into baking pan and sprinkle 1 cup cheese over top
Bake at 350 for 30 mins.

Enjoy!!! Mmmmmm!! It is sooo yummmy!!

Cheers!! :beer;:beer;

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Here's one that works great for a breakfast when you have a bunch of folks over at the house in the morning before you go ride.
It's an easy way for everybody to get what they want & cook for a bunch of folks at once.

it's no gourmet breakfast, but it's a cool idea.

(btw, I'm the cook in the household so does that make it ok for me to post in the powder room????)

ZIPLOC OMELET

(This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!)
Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them. (I use the store version of egg beaters, they work great for scrambled eggs & burritos & are healthier.)
Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Chop them up a bit with your fork & they look great!

I also usually have tortillas around & some salsa so folks can make a breakfast burrito quick & easy.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I LIKE that ziploc omlette idea.........that's a great way to get everyone what they want! :)

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
That Ziploc omelet works great when u are on the river rafting! We do it almost everytime, and the clean up is like what clean up.

I enjoy baking more than cooking, so here's one of my favorites.

Crazy Cake
2.5 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/2 c cocoa
3/4 c oil
2 T. vinagar
2 t. vaniila
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 c. waters
Mix all ingredients in a 13x9 pan with a fork, preheat oven 350 degrees, bake for 30 minutes. Cool, frost.
I like to use whipped cream cheese as for frosting.
This is a moist cake that doesn't dry once you cut into it. Enjoy, I do....

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Here's one that works great for a breakfast when you have a bunch of folks over at the house in the morning before you go ride.
It's an easy way for everybody to get what they want & cook for a bunch of folks at once.

(btw, I'm the cook in the household so does that make it ok for me to post in the powder room????)

ZIPLOC OMELET

(This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!)
Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them. (I use the store version of egg beaters, they work great for scrambled eggs & burritos & are healthier.)
Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Chop them up a bit with your fork & they look great!

I also usually have tortillas around & some salsa so folks can make a breakfast burrito quick & easy.

Yup, this one is a great one! It's great for camping too! :D Thanks for sharing!

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
That Ziploc omelet works great when u are on the river rafting! We do it almost everytime, and the clean up is like what clean up.

I enjoy baking more than cooking, so here's one of my favorites.

Crazy Cake
2.5 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/2 c cocoa
3/4 c oil
2 T. vinagar
2 t. vaniila
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 c. waters
Mix all ingredients in a 13x9 pan with a fork, preheat oven 350 degrees, bake for 30 minutes. Cool, frost.
I like to use whipped cream cheese as for frosting.
This is a moist cake that doesn't dry once you cut into it. Enjoy, I do....

Mmmmm! this sounds really yummy too! I looooove cake! I only wish that my hips and thighs didn't :p

Thanks!!

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
Sounds like a great idea for a muff pot! Roll it up in a tortilla, then a snackerpacker and it should still be warm and ready to eat when you break!

ZIPLOC OMELET

B

BackCountryBabe

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 10, 2009
Island Park, Idaho
www.hasended.com
Winter hot tottie

Step 1:
1 lb brown sugar
1 lb Powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
(Mix above ingredients together very well)
Step 2:
Mix in 1 QT soft vanilla ice cream
Step 3:
Put mixture in freezer for a few hours
(mixture will keep up to 1-2 months when kept in freezer)
Step 4:
- Boil Hot water
- Get yourself a Big Big Mug.
- Add 1/4 to 1/3 rum
- Add a scoop of Mixture from freezer
- Add hot water
- Stir
- Drink
- Got back to step 4 until you are drunk.

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
We drank some homemade Irish Creme yesterday that some friends made us for Christmas, I'll have to get the recipe for that! It was awesome! You could start with that in the morning then work your way into hot buttered rums!

Step 1:
1 lb brown sugar
1 lb Powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
(Mix above ingredients together very well)
Step 2:
Mix in 1 QT soft vanilla ice cream
Step 3:
Put mixture in freezer for a few hours
(mixture will keep up to 1-2 months when kept in freezer)
Step 4:
- Boil Hot water
- Get yourself a Big Big Mug.
- Add 1/4 to 1/3 rum
- Add a scoop of Mixture from freezer
- Add hot water
- Stir
- Drink
- Got back to step 4 until you are drunk.

Jan 21, 2008
We drank some homemade Irish Creme yesterday that some friends made us for Christmas, I'll have to get the recipe for that! It was awesome! You could start with that in the morning then work your way into hot buttered rums!

that recipe is amazing - drink it every winter - kinda has a tendency to pack on a few pounds :face-icon-small-fro

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
this is one recipe that I always enjoy

Bloody Mary recipe

1 oz. to 1 1/2 oz. (30-45 ml) vodka in a Highball glass filled with ice.
Fill glass with tomato juice
1 dash celery salt
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash Tabasco
2-4 dashes of Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. horseradish (pure, never creamed)
Dash of lemon or lime juice
Garnish with celery stalk.

May be shaken vigorously or stirred lazily, as desired. Garnish with a celery stalk; a skewer of olives, pickles, carrots, mushrooms, or other vegetables; or even meat or fish (salami, shrimp, etc.) and cheese. Occasionally, pickled asparagus spears or pickled beans are also used.

its my favorite drink...

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
Gotta love that one for the morning after especially with the real horseradish!

Bloody Mary recipe

1 dash celery salt
1 dash Tabasco

May be shaken vigorously or stirred lazily, as desired. Garnish with a celery stalk; a skewer of olives, pickles, carrots, mushrooms, or other vegetables; or even meat or fish (salami, shrimp, etc.) and cheese. Occasionally, pickled asparagus spears or pickled beans are also used.

its my favorite drink...

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com

Bloody Mary recipe

1 dash celery salt
1 dash Tabasco

its my favorite drink...

I LOVE horseradish in my Bloody Mary's! Those are the best kind! A little spice-ay! ;) I garnish with a pickled green beans or asparagas spears. :) Mmmmm!!

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
if you like hot wings this is a great recipe:

Have plenty of beer on hand:
this spicy recipes will have you feeling the heat!

Jewels Wings

Ingredients
• 1 (18 ounce) bottle honey teriyaki barbeque sauce
• 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 cup honey
• 3 dashes liquid smoke flavoring
• 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
• 6 cloves crushed garlic
8 habanero peppers, seeded and minced I some
times will only use 4 habanero peppers
• 4 green Chile peppers, chopped
• 3 tablespoons finely grated raw horseradish
• 18 chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded

Directions
1.In a medium saucepan mix together barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, liquid smoke, ginger, garlic, habanero peppers, green chile peppers, and horseradish. Simmer 1 hour over low heat, stirring occasionally.
2.Place chicken wings in a large bowl, and coat with 3/4 of the sauce. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
3.Preheat BBQ grill for low heat.
4.Lightly oil grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour,
turning occasionally, until juices run clear. Transfer chicken to a slow cooker for serving, and stir in the remaining sauce. Set to the Low setting to keep chicken warm while serving.

and here is a blue cheese dressing to go with it

Ingredients
• 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon sea salt

In a large bowl, whisk together the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, honey, pepper, and salt. Chill until serving.

Last edited:
Premium Features