• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009/10 Togwotee snow conditions

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
If you have been up in this area and have information if its good or bad be sure and post. The more posts will reflect more accurate information. Good news is it looks like it is starting out great!

*Please keep updates in these threads since they will be a sticky..and we wont have a bunch of scattered updates*

Anybody going to Brooks Lake Lodge??

There will be snow at Togwotee. There always is. The question is...where are you staying? Check out Brooks Lake Lodge. It is a bit more expensive, but trust me...well worth it! You may not want to anywhere else ever again!

What is everybody riding this winter? Cat and Polaris are still making some mean mountain sleds. Cat even lost some more weight. The Dragons are hard to beat tho.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
This is the view from Brooks Lake this morning! I am liking what I am seeing. 3 weeks and counting.......:D
Brooks11-13-09.jpg

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Im at TML right now....picked up some decent snow over the past few days, I was talking to some riders that were here earlier, they said there wasnt enough snow yet...

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Any rode riding up around Togwotee yet? Want to break in the sled. Looking to find someplace for tomorrow. Thanks...

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I wouldnt come up here yet....we are supposed to get some good snow within a week...I would just wait. I know your just breaking it in...but you probably find a rock and break it right now...

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Photos from a rode ride with my wife up near Togwotee today 11/18 on the Flagstaff Road which is just about a mile east of the lodge. The road riding conditions were more then I hoped for. Not sure what I was not clear on in my earlier question asking if road riding in the area was doable :eek: Anyway... For what it's worth, I would say there was plenty of snow for a rode ride. Even got off the trail in a few areas.

DSC05316sm.jpg

DSC05317sm.jpg

DSC05318sm.jpg

DSC05319sm.jpg

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Photos from a rode ride with my wife up near Togwotee today 11/18 on the Flagstaff Road which is just about a mile east of the lodge. The road riding conditions were more then I hoped for. Not sure what I was not clear on in my earlier question asking if road riding in the area was doable :eek: Anyway... For what it's worth, I would say there was plenty of snow for a rode ride. Even got off the trail in a few areas.

hell, mid july is doable if you want it to be. Sorry to inform you wrong....just when its 40 degrees a minimal snow at the lodge and reporting that too you and what others have told me...then take it with a grain of salt. I guess I expect a lot more than what we have right now....Im glad you broke your sled in....

Its a double edged sword I guess....I say its ok, then everybody rushes up and *****es, I say stay away, "there was plenty of snow"

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Hey jafraune. No worries. Not trying to jab ya. Was just surprised the roads were as good as they were. My expectations were low heading up there, and I ended up being surprised in a good way. Some of the early road rides I've done in the past have been really slim, so I was not disappointed yesterday. Anyway, hope we see more snow soon. Forecast sounds a little more promising for this weekend. Thanks for your help with conditions :beer;

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Its all good...I just dont want to talk it all up and have people get up here and say wtf were you talking about. I would rather down play it then waste your time/gas/money to get up here for nothing....yes and the weekend looks very promising....I will try to update...

L
Jan 16, 2009
Dubois, WY
Lava Mountain Lodge is a price and quality option

what are some other places to stay in Togwotee? some friends and i are thinking of heading out there over new years just wondering what some options are
Lava Mountain Lodge offers some of the best prices around the Togwotee area and still has some availabilities for the holidays including New Years. New Park Model Cabin Vacation Rentals, Lodge Rooms and 4 Season Grizzly Camping Cabins. Check out Lava Mountain Lodge on the internet.

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I thought the snow would have started by now...but nothing yet here at TML...supposed to get some significant stuff this weekend...

J

jkpolaris

Nov 27, 2007
lava mountain is a nice place to stay at!we will be up on the 3rd of jan we rented out the new park models they just put up looking foward to it

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I stayed at Lava Mnt. Lodge last spring, in their huge rental house. It was very cheap when spread 6 ways, and the riding was good. My favorite part is the old Cowboy that helps you wrench if needed. I don't remember his name, but give him a few Coors originals and listen to him tell stories. Awesome!

Premium Features