• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Copper creek lincoln

R

rilesman5

Jan 21, 2009
MT
Anybody still heading up there? Hit it 3 weeks ago and it was epic. Just wondering

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Haven't been there in a couple years.
I'd love to hit it.

R

rilesman5

Jan 21, 2009
MT
Drove to snowbank. Great day. Some patches of bare on the road but still doable. Thanks everyone for the replies

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Drove to snowbank. Great day. Some patches of bare on the road but still doable. Thanks everyone for the replies
Thanks for the update, a week ago we parked at the first bridge but had to cross some dirt, no more than a couple hundred-foot stretches and some smaller stretches. Glad we can make it to snowbank now. Going to take the day off work tomorrow and hit it, will try to remember to post an update and maybe some pics.

Snow up in the bowls is definitely down from last year, and on the ridges leading in. Last snowfall covered up some major exposed rocks in the lake bowl area, especially that south climb, stay WAY to the right on that climb, I think I had a picture of that too but not sure, from a couple weeks ago.

Link to pics from March (showing relatively low snow):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NA8nhM5rZhBFn3tw5

Not complaining, its a blast up there, just strange we all got record snowfall down here and up there not so much. Suspect we won't make the end of May this year...

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Update: drove past snowbank lake until the road goes into the trees and unloaded. After the road turns west and opens up there were a number of bare patches to cross. I suspect soon (as in days) you will be able to drive those sections and park farther up the road and hopefully not have to cross as much dirt road... condition up in the bowls is good, down low on the ridges is getting thinner but still adequate cover for now.
Due to scheduling issues that may have been our last ride up there, we will see. Loving the new-to-me Axys 163(162) with the Camo Extreme 2.7 track so far...

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Might have a chance to get out one more time... any input? How far can you drive in, and can you still get up into the bowls without crossing large quantities of rocks and trees? :) :eyebrows:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
A little info on that SLEDDERZ post but not super current, like a week ago...

EDIT: Okay, nobody posting, riding buddy is headed out of town, we are calling it. It was a good season overall.

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Evidently the snotel ticker on the new snowest forums is not correct. Snotel for copper bottom shows 7 or 8 inches, and copper camp 23 inches. Guess I should report that to Christopher...

Premium Features