• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Difference between Pieps DSP, DSP Sport, and DSP Pro

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
We've always had my brothers old Pieps 475 analog beacon as a extra or backup being he rarely goes with but I thought It was time to upgrade it for him. Our group has either Pieps DSP or Tracker DTS. I know that the Tracker DTS is a two antenna beacon although they have worked good when we've tried them out. I see Pieps now has a Sport and Pro model on top of the original DSP. The Sport is cheaper then the original DSP but I can't see were it is missing any features. Also when we bought ours before there was a local guy that basically sold all avalanche stuff at a minimal profit but I don't have his contact info anymore. Were is the best place to get a beacon.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
bhoth that link you posted is awesome. You should make a stand alone post about it. Both in this section and the general snowmobiling section.

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
bhoth that link you posted is awesome. You should make a stand alone post about it. Both in this section and the general snowmobiling section.

That's why I went with the DSP Sport. About the least expensive beacon on the market and that website gave it 5 stars out of 5.

I used it at an avalanche class last Saturday, Jan 18 and was very pleased.

Premium Features