• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

? for pro riders

92 coupe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2009
IL
In the process of swapping bars on my wifes assault and was gonna shorten them some. She mentioned that she felt the stockers were to wide. The next level bars have lines to cut off but unsure how much to go. Have any of you ladys trimmed the bar ends down? Shes about 5'6". I had her stand on it and try to detemine where she wanted the grips but without riding it she wasn't sure. An inch off each side sound like to much? Thanks for any thoughts/help.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
In the process of swapping bars on my wifes assault and was gonna shorten them some. She mentioned that she felt the stockers were to wide. The next level bars have lines to cut off but unsure how much to go. Have any of you ladys trimmed the bar ends down? Shes about 5'6". I had her stand on it and try to detemine where she wanted the grips but without riding it she wasn't sure. An inch off each side sound like to much? Thanks for any thoughts/help.

I am running the Next Level bars and pretty sure I took an 1 1/8th off each end. I'm 5'10". Where you run into more of a limitation is how far in you can move the throttle and brake controls. Hope this helps.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Not only do ladies trim the bars down, some men who are 6'2" and have arms like sasquatch don't like the too tall ape hangers either. Trim to 27.5" wide or you will have trouble with room for brake master cylinder and throttle block.

Premium Features