• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock track and Skid on Turbo

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Skoter...Did your sliders/bushins look like this?
One piece bushing with an aluminum retaining collar on the bottom.

attachment.php
attachment.php

timbersled bushing parts.jpg timbersled bushings.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
One of the other things that I really liked about my Timbersled Mtn. Tamer was that I did not have to cannibalize my stock suspension for parts in order to assemble the new skid.... and I was able to sell the stocker a whole assembly to help drop the overall cost of the suspension upgrade.

Last edited:

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
IMO if you are spending the ching on the turbo you must change the suspension on the d-8. you gain so much more speed that it's actually harder to ride in deep snow cuz your always on top and sometimes it;s great fun to just porpous through and enjoy the snow but with too much speed you actualy lose some control. I have the Timbersled coming off a old Holz and like it alot ( thought the old holz lifted skies to much but other that that loved it)

S

skotertoken

Feb 17, 2008
Arvidsjaur, Sweden
mountainhorse, yes. I do know how the update look like, and yes that's the things I ran. Including the relocated new axels and shock brushings. Those brushings did make it thru the season, but the brushings in the lower axels were gone. And the update did do a signifikant differense. A whole new suspention, like I sad earlier. I did like the mtn.tamer in climbing, but in my riding conditions we mostly do steep tree riding. And then it's not my weapon of choice. But for your riding it might be right.
Friends? :)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Definately friends... maybe you can find me a loaner sled this season and I can come out to ride in N. Europe?

Everybody has their own personal preference.. once you get into the better skids, a lot is about setup and adjustments.

My confusion only comes from those that I ride with and the kind of riding... deep snow, technical tree'd areas. That is all that Allen Mangum likes to ride.. he's the owner of timbersled...And he can hang with the best of the elite riders out there. That is what he designed his skid for. Busting rut behind him is a real learning experience!!

The Holz is a solid skid for sure.... Definately not dissing that suspension, I've had them in my past sleds.

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
I can say one thing for sure. Whatever skid you decide to go with will be much better then stock. All the aftermarket suspension manufactures on the market are making good quality products and will stand behind their stuff. Also every one is a totally different design.
As for the Timbersled Mtn. Tamer suspension goes, it is constantly evolving every year with new innovating things. One good thing that Timbersled dose with their stuff is that when something new comes out, it is updatable to the older models. We try to do this with all of our products. The kits are offered several different ways to fit any budget. No matter what rout you go with the Mtn. Tamer will provide you with the ability to adjust the skid to the max and minimum. Because every person is so different, this is a good way to find what works. Yes, it take some time to mess with but when you spend that much money on a aftermarket part you are going to want it to work good.
Back suspensions are gust one of those thing that everyone has a different opinion on. We are trying to build a suspension that can be custom tailored to anyone.

Allen from Timbersled

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
What results would you have with a sled with boost, that has a stock skid, after market straight rails, and good after market shocks? (money saved i'm guessing around 1500?) Is it going to still be out of control? How much of a diffrence would it make to leave the front stock, should a guy go with after market there as well? What is the avantage to anti stab kit?

Last edited:
S

skotertoken

Feb 17, 2008
Arvidsjaur, Sweden
Definately friends... maybe you can find me a loaner sled this season and I can come out to ride in N. Europe?

Everybody has their own personal preference.. once you get into the better skids, a lot is about setup and adjustments.

My confusion only comes from those that I ride with and the kind of riding... deep snow, technical tree'd areas. That is all that Allen Mangum likes to ride.. he's the owner of timbersled...And he can hang with the best of the elite riders out there. That is what he designed his skid for. Busting rut behind him is a real learning experience!!

The Holz is a solid skid for sure.... Definately not dissing that suspension, I've had them in my past sleds.

I can get you a loner anytime. :) Tell me when!

Yes, the setup is all the world. And propper setup the updated timbersled works fine, even great. And on the yammi it is a MUST with timbersled stuff, even the front end. It does make a HUGE difference on the nytro. If I ever go back to yammi I will be riding a timbersled suspention.

But Allan please do something about the brushings, they really suck. It would make a good supension even better. But the quality of the front end is incredible! Really nice work! They hold up nice and make a huge difference in the handling.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
What results would you have with a sled with boost, that has a stock skid, after market straight rails, and good after market shocks? (money saved i'm guessing around 1500?) Is it going to still be out of control? How much of a diffrence would it make to leave the front stock, should a guy go with after market there as well? What is the avantage to anti stab kit?

Curt at FTX went this route last season... and had great results, not the same as an aftermarket skid though... but the cost was the same as or more than an aftermarket skid.

Premium Features