• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much boost on stock internals???

W
Nov 30, 2009
I am seeing some crazy horse power numbers out of the turbo 2 stroke engines but nobody ever talks about internals. I am looking to boost my 04 600 liberty but Im uncertain as to how much force the stock bottom end can take? Pistons? Rods? Crank?

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
I am seeing some crazy horse power numbers out of the turbo 2 stroke engines but nobody ever talks about internals. I am looking to boost my 04 600 liberty but Im uncertain as to how much force the stock bottom end can take? Pistons? Rods? Crank?

Any thing above 8 psi will stop the oiler.
With that motor and pre mix 12 would be safe.
Ran a 2000 700 pol rmk at 17 for a few drags no problems but did put it back to 12 to ride it. With that 600 if you got to pre mix you will have to take the motor apart and drill the case's to get oil i to the out side bearings and put on a kit to pump oil in to the water pump/oiler shaft compartment.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
oh my... thats the first i have heard of the oiler stopping. i ran mine above 8lbs but nothing happened guess i was lucky so far

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
their on carb'd motors... yours is efi correct tree_climber? i've had mine at 20lbs before with no issues. just proper fuel. longevity doesnt last at that rate though. on average i run 10-14lbs and change out the top end every 1000-1500 miles. i upgraded to indy dan's torque master bottom end after my first season and reccommend it for all turbo apps.

W
Nov 30, 2009
Awesome info guys! This is going to be a budget build so please bare with my foolish questions. Can anyone tell me how these guys tune the carburated engines? What is used to adjust the air/fuel mixture? Anymore information on on 2 cycle turbo setups would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
their on carb'd motors... yours is efi correct tree_climber? i've had mine at 20lbs before with no issues. just proper fuel. longevity doesnt last at that rate though. on average i run 10-14lbs and change out the top end every 1000-1500 miles. i upgraded to indy dan's torque master bottom end after my first season and reccommend it for all turbo apps.

yep that is for the carbed motors i did not clarify that.

Premium Features